Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy bee!

We've had a busy morning the past 2 days...

Yesterday, Nate had his 1-yr check-up at the doctor. He is growing great - still very "long & lean" - and the doctor was pleased with all his progress. We are starting the switch to whole milk today...stay tuned on how that goes. And we are going to try and move completely away from the bottle to the sippy cup. Again, should be a fun transition! We also got some good advice to help with Nate's constipation, so hopefully we can nip this problem in the bud before it gets out of control. Poor little guy! All in all, the check-up went well, except for the dreaded shots at the end. Of course, he screamed like no other (and Greg nearly had a heart attack watching it). Luckily, Nate was good the rest of the day, so I guess he wasn't too traumatized. Not sure about Greg though...

And this morning, we had Nate's 12 month portraits done. The photographer got some good shots of Nate and Greg, but neglected to tell me my hair was messed up & my bra strap was showing. Gee, thanks. So needless to say, we bought a few poses of Nate and then only one that turned out good of the whole family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new pictures! It sounds like Nathan's new diet will consist of whole milk and laxatives. YUM

beth gibbs said...

I'm sorry to hear that there will not be a "Nate and Mommy" picture as discussed. Particularly he looks so much like you right now. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

IT'S OKAY FOR NATE TO HATE SHOTS, HIS GRANDDAD STAN HATED THEM MORE THAN ANYONE I KNOW, AND HE TURNED OUT OK (I QUESS)