Today our neighbors, Stacey & Todd Rodewald, GAVE us a ton ton ton of clothes for Nate. Their son, Cameron is 3, and they also have a baby girl Mia who is 4 months old. They are the nicest couple ever, and here is the perfect example. Look at all these clothes!!
There are stacks of shorts, pants, sweaters, pjs, shortsleeve shirts, and longsleeve shirts, ranging from 12M-4T. As a bonus, they are super nice clothes too - Ralph Lauren, Gymboree, Children's Place, Osh Kosh, etc. and hardly look worn at all. We also got a few coats, pairs of shoes, and even a Halloween costume for next year. I am still in amazement that they GAVE all of this to us. I tried to convince Stacey to let me pay her, or at least take it to a consignment shop to sell it instead of just giving it away. She refused, saying that a lot of them were hand-me-downs themselves. I'm not sure I believe her though!
I am utterly at a loss for words, because Nate has a whole new wardrobe now, for the upcoming like 2 yrs. (Note to the Gibbs family: Stop shopping!! :) Guess when we're done having kids, I'll just have to pay it forward like Stacey did....wow.....


4 comments:
Wow what super nice neighbors, like you said you will have to pay it forward. Have a safe and wonderful Christmas in J.C and N.C
That is wonderful! I guess you will have to have that baby girl soon so I can SHOP. I'm going to miss shopping for my little man. Have a safe trip tomorrow. Love you all
I don't know who Mom thinks she is kidding, she'll never stop shopping for Nate. She's in withdrawal this Christmas after not being able to shop for me. Even though Nate is too young to realize, he is living a Gibbs family motto - "You can NEVER have enough clothes" :)
What a wonderful Christmas blessing!!:) Missed you and Nate at the brunch!
Post a Comment