Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quarantined

Poor, poor, pitipul Nate.....

He did NOT have a good weekend, to say the least. It started with a goopy eye on Saturday and it only got worse as the day went on. He slept around 4 hrs last night, b/c he kept waking up and getting scared/crying when his eyelid was glued shut with goo. (Greg and I both said it was the worst night he's had since he was a newborn!!) We took him to a walk-in clinic today (at Walgreen's!) and luckily they prescribed him some eye drops. He has to have them every 2 hrs that he is awake, and we basically have to sit on him to get them in, b/c they sting. NOT FUN. So.....please keep your fingers crossed that he has a better night tonight, and that his eye infection goes away fast! The doctor said by tomorrow afternoon he shouldn't be contagious anymore, so at least we only have to be quarantined for one day.

And to make matters worse, the poor little guy is cutting two new teeth! Greg caught a glimpse of them tonight when he was cleaning him up after dinner. That'll make a total of 16!! Only 4 more to go!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Poor munchkin-
When I can kids, can you come take care of them for the first 3 years? Sleep is very important to me :)

The Overstreets said...

Poor Nate! I'm sorry he is sick. Doing those drops must be nearly impossible. I can't believe all those teeth!!!! I'm so jealous that you can see the light at the end of the "teething tunnel". Will is still cutting those 3 and it's the worst it's ever been! I dread the rest!

Hallie Madewell said...

AW.. .poor baby :( We need to have a "teething" party... its grumpy at our house too!

Lora said...

Poor Nate - I hope he is feeling better today. And you have gotten more sleep. I'll add forcing eye drops into a kid's eye as yet ANOTHER reason NOT to have kids :)

Anonymous said...

POOR NATE----EVERYONE HATES EYE INFECTIONS, THEY ARE NO FUN. HOPE HE IS BETTER AND THAT THE TEETHING IS EASING UP TOO---- HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY. TELL NATE IT WAS HIS GREAT GRAND DAD GIVENS' BIRTHDAY

beth gibbs said...

This comment is for Becky and Lora.I will take care of your kids if you give birth, pay and educate them. I don't mind losing sleep. I've done it now for 32 years. Believe me, every sleepless night is worth it. I'm glad Nate is better. Tell him Nana is on he way!!