Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rock hunting!

My good friend Hallie brought her 6-month-old son, Grant, over yesterday for a walk. Afterwards, we played in the driveway with the boys...I held Grant and Hallie & Nate went looking for rocks in our sideyard. Well, thanks to Hallie, Nate has a new favorite hobby - rock collecting!

He had a ball outside today - thank goodness for 65 degree weather again - and we found a TON of rocks. He kept pulling them around in his little wagon, and then we went on a big wagon ride in order to find more around the neighborhood. I had to stop about every 10 feet to pick up a new "treasure." He kept them all safely inside his wagon, in the cupholders. It was too cute! See pics below....





6 comments:

mary leigh said...

oh my, he is totally you son. it was organizing rocks! I love it!

The Overstreets said...

He is your son!!! He looks so cute with his wagon!

Lora said...

Maybe he can be an engineer AND a geologist :)

Ashley said...

I agree these 60 degree days are sooo very nice!!:)

Hallie Madewell said...

Yay.. Im so excited! I had fun hunting rocks with him.. we're buds! Glad I could contribute to his new hobby! :)

beth gibbs said...

Wait till Nana gets there! We will begin our nature study with rocks and insects, maybe some worms too, for DADDY. Does he know how to pull his little wagon or does he push it?