Nate had his first time-out in the pack 'n' play yesterday. Again, I didn't think I would be doing this so soon, but he has left me with no other choice. For the past 3-4 weeks, he's really developed quite a temper. And lately, has even had a few full-out tantrums. I would like to say these time-out sessions will nip that in the bud, but I am not quite that optimistic. (Again, see note above about referencing Greg as a wild child. Joyce, am I right that he threw a party for then neighborhood kids when he was only 4 years old??) Anyways, lately with Nate, just a firm "no" hasn't been working. So, we have decided to take it up a notch and try this time-out thing. Luckily, Greg is on board. Both times Nate was in time-out this weekend, he responded pretty well once we got him out, after 10-15 minutes. We'll see if this keeps up - stay tuned!
Oh, and did I mention that the other day at Toys R' Us, I turned away for 10 seconds to look at a bib, and when I turned back to the cart, Nate was standing up in the shopping cart seat?! Awesome. So, from now on, he will be belted in when riding in a shopping cart seat. And let me tell you, he will just loooove that......
Lord help me for the next 18 years!! :)


3 comments:
Man, I hope my genes didn't get in the mix...I will start praying for you now! Nate looks like a little stud in his polo shirt
good luck--- i still recall Greg "stomping" on his Dukes of Hazard record
I did see the picture of him standing. Just be careful when he starts throwing things out of the cart(eggs) when you put them in like a certain person we all know and LOVE. Grandma always said the movers and shakers are interesting children. So laugh alot, cry some, but most of all enjoy and remember "it's just a phase" Tell him Nana loves him no matter what!
Post a Comment