First, thanks to when Nana & Pops were babysitting, Nate now has his very own flag and LOVES to sit on the front porch and wave it. Such a little patriot!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
New skills
Today Nate is 11 months old!! He has acquired many new "skills" in the past few weeks, and I thought I'd highlight a few here since some are pretty darn hilarious.
First, thanks to when Nana & Pops were babysitting, Nate now has his very own flag and LOVES to sit on the front porch and wave it. Such a little patriot!
Also, thanks to Nana & Pops, Nate is now obsessed with straws. Oh yes, these things can entertain him for hours. I think this picture is hilarious because he looks like he's "jammin" while chewing on a straw. Like a hillbilly chewing on a piece of hay or something. I mean, hey, this is Tennessee..... :)
And, as we've seen in earlier pictures, this boy is a wild one. He loves to climb on people, and now, he also climbs into his toy box and tries to get on top of the coffee table (hasn't happened yet, but give him a few weeks).
When Nana & Pops were babysitting while we were in Hawaii, they gave him nightly baths in our master bathroom downstairs. This was a new place for Nate, so immediately, that makes everything in sight more interesting. Especially the faucet. The tub is at just the right height for him to pull up and stand, and oh those faucets are so fun to turn on & off. Luckily, he can only reach the one for cold water, but after I took this picture, we have started closing the door so he can't get in there. Sorry, bud, I got scared you'd figure out the hot water and burn yourself.
I think this new skill is my favorite. Not only does he make a beeline for the fridge every time we open it, but now he likes to stand on his tippy toes and reach for things inside. Usually, he pulls out the bread. This boy loves his bread, for real. (Don't worry Nana, I won't let him eat too many carbs!!) :)
Greg has installed a gate at the top & bottom of our stairs in recent days, and Nate loves to hold them & rattle them. Good thing they're sturdy! He just looks so pitiful here, like he's in jail or something :(

First, thanks to when Nana & Pops were babysitting, Nate now has his very own flag and LOVES to sit on the front porch and wave it. Such a little patriot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
he is so cute standing on his tip toes! and i love the plaid shorts, you can tell his mommie dresses him
hahahahahaha! Was that a fat joke on Nate?!?! No carbs :)
I miss my little cutie putooty! It will just be a matter of a few years when he will grab the milk or juice container and drink out of it!
i really love the flag waving--thanks nana
oh and by the way-
way to go gregory for installing those two baby gates with no help! you've come along way, mr. handyman!
Looking at that picture of Nathan on his tip toes at the fridge got me thinking ... he might be really talented at ballet like I was when I was lad. Yes! My mother put me in ballet as a child and I was damn good at it! Just ask her.
Post a Comment