Nate is finally interested in using his fire truck to learn to walk...yay!! He will go over to it on his own, stand up, and start pushing/walking behind it. He gets a little confused when he bumps into furniture and needs to turn around though. So, we are still working on "reverse."
We took him out in the driveway this past weekend and let him try to walk with some shoes on. He did NOT like that. He was lifting his legs super slow, as if we had strapped weights to his ankles instead of shoes. He finally got the hang of it though, and only managed to fall once. His first skinned knee! (I don't know why I got excited about this, but I guess it's because it means he's growing up!)
Anyways, I don't think he'll be walking on his own anytime soon. He just doesn't really show any interest in it, and is super stubborn (wonder where he gets that from). I have my fingers crossed that he walks by Christmas and can show off for our families!


4 comments:
He's just waiting for Nana to take him by the hand and walk with him. Remember, he waited until I was watching him to roll over from back to stomach and back again.
A TRUE GIVENS DOING THINGS ON HIS OWN TIME! BUT DON'T YOU WORRY HE'LL BE A CHAMP AT WHATEVER HE DOES WHEN HE GETS AROUND TO DOING IT. IT'S IN HIS GENES.
I think Nathan is going to go straight from crawling to solving economics equations. Even at such a young age, he already understands the concept of efficiency. Why walk slow when you can crawl fast?
Between Bec and Mom they will have him running around the house by Christmas! Strike that - by Thanksgiving :)
Post a Comment