Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Toddler's Life



In honor of Nate turning 14 months yesterday, I thought I'd start referring to him as a toddler now, instead of a baby. I'm not sure if he's technically a toddler yet (when does that start - 18 or 24 months?), but he's definitely not a baby anymore. He had quite a fun weekend, filled with new things. I thought I'd make a list below instead of writing it out. (Believe me, you'll thank me...it would have been a novel!)

1. He got to ride in the cart with the car at Kroger for the first time. I took Greg with me in case I needed reinforcements (aka if he kept leaping out of the car). He did fine, but that seatbelt thing is not the sturdiest thing! He liked turning the steering wheel, and as you can see below, the socks weren't on for long.



2. He got to skype with BOTH sets of grandparents, quite a treat! He was as well behaved as you can expect a toddler to be, and showed off a few of his "skills."

3. He finally made the "ma ma" sound!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this one. All I've heard for months is "da da" this, "da da" that, and I was over it. Yay for my little man!

4. He figured out how to grab his monitor base & cord off the bookcase, from his crib. Not so funny. We walked in to get him up from a nap on Saturday and he was just smiling that mischievious grin of his....(can you say Dennis the Menace??) Needless to say, we moved it.

5. He got to try Mom's famous pancakes & sausage for the first time! They were a hit! While I was busy making them, Greg gave him a breakfast bar to tie him over (he eats like a total hoss in the mornings). See pic below - he thought it was funny to stuff a huge piece in his mouth & show it to Daddy. What a pig!!



6. We attempted our first art project....drawing on large paper with crayons. As you can imagine, the crayons were a big hit (very tasty). He only scribbled on the paper a tiny bit, but at least he had fun trying!

7. We made a list of words/phrases he can understand, and the count was 27!! The boy may not be able to walk, but at least he is going to be a smart one!! :)

8. We have finally been able to stop giving Nate a bottle before bedtime. He drinks enough milk (from his sippy) all throughout the day now! So our bedtime routine has gotten a lot shorter (and easier)!

3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

What a little man he is! I was wondering when you were going to be brave enough to drop that bottle. He is learning and changing so much. I am proud of him!!!

Anonymous said...

YEA FOR NATE!!!! I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE FULL MOUTH PICTURE

beth gibbs said...

Wow! Lots of big events in one week. I'm alittle behind the times but I'll catch up next weekend. Maybe he'll say Nan Na. Can't wait!