Saturday, October 25, 2008

Walk This Way!!



Finally, our baby boy took his first steps tonight!!! In fact, he took six steps, and did it 3 different times!! Greg was on the floor playing with him, while I was on the couch half watching the UT game, and all of a sudden, Nate stood up and took a tentative step to Greg. After he figured out he could take two steps in a row, he sped up and got really excited! I started crying of course, and grabbed him for a big hug, while Greg just laughed (not sure why - weird reaction - but whatever)! We had just taken off his clothes and were letting him have "naked time," and I am glad we did, b/c we got to see our little "Baby Sumo" at work. (He does sumo poses and looks funny with his skinny body, fat belly, and droopy diaper.) Anyways, I am SUPER relieved, b/c most of Nate's "friends" (both older and younger) are already walking and he wasn't yet. (Well, at least not on his own.) Nana & Pops are coming for a visit next Thursday, so hopefully he'll be taking 10 steps at a time by then, instead of just 6!

On a sidenote, two other big things have happened in recent days...

One, I noticed this afternoon that he has two new teeth!! That makes a total of ten! He cut his first molars, up top.

And two, I have finally transitioned him from 2 naps to one long one in the afternoon. It took a few weeks - I was gradually shortening his first nap - and it was a bit of a fussy process. But now it is wonderful and really frees up the morning for us! We don't have to rush home from morning activities to take a nap anymore. Instead, we can do fun stuff, run errands, come home for lunch, and then he naps from 1-4 pm. Yayyyy! He has been doing it for a week now and I am really loving this new schedule!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my big boy! Way to go Nathan!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!! NOW THE CHASE BEGINS

Erin said...

congrats on the walking!! wooohoooo! and 3 hour naps sound great, i need to get on that schedule :).

The Overstreets said...

I knew he would be walking before the month was up! I can't wait to see him in action and give him a big hug! Yay Nate!!!!

Ashley said...

Yay Nate!!:)

Lora said...

Nate does things on his on own time - I was never worried! I can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving. I need to start a countdown...

Proud Parents said...

Yippeeee!

beth gibbs said...

As I have said he is just waiting for his Nana. i love that little man so...Much. See ya soon

Anonymous said...

Watch out world! Nate is going to do things when he is ready---and not a second sooner. Wonder who that sounds like???

Life's A Beach.... said...

YYYYAAAAAYYYY NATE! I'm guessing he's a little stubborn??? He gets it honest doesn't he Em? :) Love ya'll and I can't wait to see that little man!