Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shaggy No More


Nate had his first haircut today!! (To the left is the "before" picture.) I had been putting it off for a month or two, just b/c I love his pretty hair. But when I saw it starting to come over his ears, puff up over his shirt in the back, and got tired of pushing his comb-over out of the way, I knew it was time!!

I convinced Greg to let me take Nate to my hairdresser, Terra, instead of the old barbershop he goes to. I didn't want my cutie to walk away with a bowl-cut! Terra has cut lots of kids hair, so I felt confident with letting her do the all-important first cut for Nate. He sat on Greg's lap, and they both got their capes on. Nate took to Terra right away, and loved playing with the combs. Contrary to what I had expected, Nate was super well-behaved and sat still the majority of the time. He loved looking at himself in the mirror, combing his hair, and playing with his dad's hat. Terra filled out a cute certificate for Nate, and put his first two hair clippings in a little baggie for me! Nate got a lollipop afterwards, and was a happy boy. Here is a shot of the happy family, and Nate's "after" picture:



As to be expected, I was the papparazzi and took a ton of pictures (56 to be exact). But don't worry, I edited them down. So here they are, in all their glory...

10 comments:

The Overstreets said...

He is so handsome! I see that he liked holding the comb like Will did. He looks like a little guy now!

beth gibbs said...

I can't believe you let him have a sucker, I didn't know he could eat those. He looks as beautiful as ever but I still think he didn't need a haircut. I loved the hair over his ears and neck. Oh well, it is not my decision. All i have to do is love him, not make decisions. That is just ONE of the wonderful things about being a NANA.

mary leigh said...

56 pictures- get a grip on yourself!

Ashley said...

He looks so great!:) What a handsome boy he is!:)

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER FIRST AND WITHOUT A HITCH---HE TRULY IS HANDSOME GUY

Becky said...

I think it should have been a man trip to the barber shop...clappy clippers or something like that?!?! The comb over is gone, sad day :)

Leah said...

Terra said he did really good and that he is a cutie!

Lora said...

I am glad you took lots of pictures Em - you can always use your crazy family as an excuse. I always look forward to seeing Nate's firsts :) He is so handsome with his new haircut and I love the picture with him in his sneakers, such a big boy!

Anonymous said...

It is painfully obvious from these photos that I am the ugliest one in the family.

Unknown said...

He looks so good! I'm glad it all went well with Terra! :)