Thursday, November 27, 2008

So far, so good

I will try to write a mini-post about our trip so far, so that I don't write a humongus one when we get back! You can thank me later!! :)

Tuesday in the car was MUCH better than we had expected. God bless the portable DVD player! Nate watched Elmo & The Wiggles for 1.5 hours and it was heaven!! He looked like he was at a movie theater...had cheerios in his cupholder, sippy in the other hand, and just laid back and chilled. It was awesome! Although he only took a 20 minute nap in the afternoon, I was pleased he at least slept that long. Man, he hates the car! But he seriously did really well. Watched another dvd after his nap-let, and then we arrived in Clemmons around 5 pm. Hallelujah! Once Aunt B arrived, we hit the Pueb for my bday dinner - I was dying for a jumbo margarita (Bec took a great pic, I will post it later). We did presents, cake, and ice cream that night and then Nate settled in for bed. We had all had a long day!!

He had an AWFUL night unfortunately. Getting used to a new place/crib + getting in his 3rd molar (!) was a bad mix. We spent most of Wednesday playing with the (MANY) toys Nana had bought, walking, playing with Sophie & O'Malley (the dogs), relaxing, and thank goodness, napping! I even took a nap - haven't done that in probably a year! (That's how exhausted I was from the night before, I guess.) Aunt L came into town for dinner, and we left Nate home with him and headed off to Village Tavern for a belated bday dinner and date night!

And here we are, Thanksgiving Day already! 5 of us ran the "Turkey Strut" this morning in the freezing cold. It was Greg's first race (it was a 5K), and though he was nervous, he did great!!! Bec & I pulled up the rear, and got to meet up with an old friend from high school cross-country days. Shout out to Sara Tussey!! We pleaded with her not to run with us b/c we would hold her back, but she insisted and we had fun talking the whole race. Between all the million hills. It was a tough race!!! Dad met us at the finish line with 5 bags of Famous Amos cookies and some other freebies. That man loves his freebies. We have some great pics to post later, especially ones from Krispy Kreme afterwards. (Yes, we ran a race and then went to get doughnuts. Guess whose idea that was!?!? Yes, mine. Just call me fatty.) Anyways, Nate is down for a nap as I write. Mom and Lora are cooking.I am watching football. Bec is napping and Dad is out working on the car. Greg is reading econ and drinking wine. Snapshot of our family, at it's finest!! We are having our meal around 4 or 5 pm, and I cannot wait!! Food rules my life and I have been thinking about Mom's green bean casserole & squash casserole for weeks!

I am thankful for a wonderful trip so far, a loving family & lots of friends, and all the many blessings that have been bestowed upon us. Today is a day to celebrate with the ones you love, and I plan on doing that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL TRIP SO FAR. WE TOO ARE THANKFUL FOR A WONDERFUL LOVING FAMILY THAT INCLUDES ALL YOU

The Overstreets said...

Yay for DVD players! We ate donuts after our 5k too - Totally defeated the purpose of waking up at 6AM to run!