Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas #2

We are still in NC right now (and will be until the 7th), but I thought I should go ahead and post some pics from our time in NC with my family. We arrived here on the 26th, just in time for Bec's birthday! Her boyfriend Mike (bravely) joined us - we had a bday dinner at our favorite Japanese steakhouse and a night of fun! Lora arrived the next day, and then we had "Christmas morning" on the 28th. As usual, Nate got waaaaay more than he needed, but loved every single one of his presents. Highlights of our trip so far include:

-Seeing the Festival of Lights at Tanglewood with Nana & Pops

-Greg & I taking a short day trip to Southern Pines to see two of the four Dixie members! We had so much fun catching up and eating lunch at the Ice Cream Parlor. Shout out to Shelton and Sally, two of my faithful readers! :)

-My family drew names at Thanksgiving for Secret Santa, a new tradition starting this year. That way, we only had to shop for one person for Christmas. I think it went really well! Greg and I got some great presents from Mom, who drew our names. And of course, Nate was exempt from the drawing and got a TON of presents from everyone....musical sit-n-spin, aquadoodle drawing board, musical table, lots of clothes, letter magnets, an Elmo camera & ornament, and a lego table.

-Mom & I took a day trip to Charlotte so I could FINALLY see where Bec lives. I loved her cute house, and we had the best lunch ever at her fave mexican place, Cantina. Her BFF Kelly came too and we lots of laughs! And, to top it off, we had pedicures!

-It was a pretty tame year in the Deedee department. Usually she gives us a lot of crazy gifts, but I am sorry to report (Gena), that it wasn't too exciting this year. All the girls got some pretty sketchy purses, but there was one extra lucky recipient...Lora got a fantabulous Christmas sweater vest. Nate actually got really good stuff - an Elmo stretch doll, mega blocks, and some cars! Go Deedee! Oh wait, he got a bird clock too. Ok, that one was pretty scary.

-Nate has the beginnings of tooth #13 (on the bottom) coming thru. It is a whopper!

-Nate's two new favorite foods: Harry & David pears (he is a snob like his dad; he even ate a whole pear at one meal), and Chinese Lo mein noodles. Who would have known!?

-Greg and I had a fun date night for NYE while Nana & Pops babysat - we went out to dinner and then saw "Seven Pounds." We loved the movie and would highly recommend it!

-Greg ran yet another 5K race with my dad. He is turning into a pro! And Dad won first place in his division and got a trophy!

-Nate has now figured out how to turn/open doorknobs. Not good.

-Nate loves to pet Sophie, and carry around her leash & harness.

Needless to say, we are having a good time with Nana & Pops. It is just us here right now - my sisters left on the 29th. We are enjoying seeing Nate explore new things everyday, all the while continuing to amaze us. We can't wait to see what 2009 holds for our little family. Happy New Year everyone!


No comments: