Up until today, I would say that Nate is a "fruititarian" (if that exists). Yes, he could probably also be called a vegetarian, but I think fruititarian is more accurate. There is not a fruit that this boy has not liked! And I think he has pretty much tried them all.
However, today, we had a breakthrough. He ate chicken nuggets for the first time!!!Now, I know you might think I'm crazy for WANTING my son to eat fried fast food, but we all know I'm crazy :) I just couldn't believe that he didn't like chicken nuggets up to this point. I mean hello, I'm 29 and I still LOVE chicken nuggets (Wendy's has the best btw).
Nate is just not a huge fan of meat, unless it's 1) slathered in cheese (e.g. quesadilla) or 2) covered in spaghetti sauce (e.g. spaghetti & meatballs). For some reason, the only meat he's eaten on a consistent basis since we turned him onto table foods has been....drumroll please....sausage. Yes, I know this grosses some of you out (Leah!), but Greg & I both love sausage so we just thought it was in his genes.
Anyways, now maybe chicken nuggets can be an option for us. Hooray for options! Drive-thru, here we come.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ha, ground breakfast sausage is good, but no way can I eat a link or any kind of "long" sausage. (Turkey dogs ok, however) Poor Andrew loves it, but I always veto it for dinner optoins. I can't get over how they are held together. He can go eat it at his mother's house...
And has Nate had Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets? I think they beat out Wendy's.
I love chic-fil-a nuggest too, but for some reason, Nate is not a fan. Maybe someday!!
Way to go Nate!!!! I love chicken nuggets too! And sausage? Thats funny! I have a good sausage pasta recipe I need to give you! It does have a condiment in it though! hahaha
You should let Nate try soy nuggets :) Or even tofu. Maybe he'll LOVE them! Veggies hot dogs aren't bad either...
Bones - are you serious? Have you ever met my husband??? No way would Greg ever let Nate eat SOY anything!!!
Post a Comment