Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10 wks old already?!

I can't believe Abby is already 10 weeks old...it seems like we just brought her home from the hospital last week! I remember being afraid to change her diaper b/c her legs were sooooo tiny & skinny. I thought any false move and I'd break off one of her delicate limbs. Well, I'm happy to report, I am no longer scared. And that's b/c Little Miss Priss is becoming quite the chunker! She has rolls on her upper thighs (LOVE THOSE), a cute potbelly, and of course, the infamous Gibbs double chin(s). We even had to put away some of her newborn and 0-3 month sized clothes this week, and move into 3-6 month sizes. Crazy!

The big news of the week was that we FINALLY captured one of her smiles on the camera. She has been smiling for weeks, but we were just never able to time it right. Well, luckily, she loves smiling at her Daddy and right after one feeding the other morning we got some good shots. Here is my fave:

She is still sleeping pretty well and stretching out her feedings at night (5-6 hrs), and napping & eating pretty well during the day too (every 3-4 hrs). One thing she is NOT doing well is napping in the afternoons....I don't know what it is, but she just does not want to nap after her 2 afternoon feedings. And wouldn't you know it, that's my only time for peace & quiet, during Nate's one 1.5 hr nap. (Secretly, I think she knows this and is plotting against me already. Ha!) We are having her nap/sleep in her crib upstairs more, so we're finally getting good use out of our fancy shmancy video monitor. LOVE THAT!! She has been going through a growth spurt this last week and eating like a HOSS....we even had to up one of her night bottles to 5 ounces!! Nursing is going well but she is just sooo s-l-o-w. Some feedings this week have taken upwards of an hour! Poor Nate has watched a LOT of TV during this time. (Not that's he's complaining...he is obsessed with his new Elmo Potty Time dvd from Santa!) :)

Here's some more pics from this week...had to include some of Big Brother as well. He is just too cute for words sometimes!!

Nate loves holding Abby, but only for about 10 seconds. Then he holds out his arms and says, "All done."

My little chef in the making

Helping Mommy decorate cookies

Super Nate!!

Close-up of A in her sleep sack...right before bedtime

Her first 3M outfit! Love that grin!

Of course Nate had to get in on the action. This is his new thing....closing his eyes and MAJORLY cheesin' for the camera!

One more shot of my baby girl :)

5 comments:

beth gibbs said...

She's a beauty! nate looks so cute in his apron. i love the shadows. gotta have these in my evergrowing album!

The Overstreets said...

Cuties!!! Does that Elmo potty time dvd just crack you up?! I never thought I would listen to songs about pee and poo!

Hallie Madewell said...

OH THAT SMILE IS PRECIOUS!!!!!!
She dos look so much bigger!!! And those leggings with the dress.. super cute!!!

Love "Super Nate"!!!! He's such a good boy!

GOod luck with the napping.. I remember those frustrating days!

Ashley said...

Glad that everything is going well with abby!!:) Can't believe she's 10 weeks!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Ditto on the cute clothes! Em's shirt was a Target special - Dwell baby, LOVE that stuff!!