Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Funnies

Nate: (pointing to Obama on a magazine cover) Mommy, that's Obama.
Me: Yes, sweetie I know.
Nate: Do you like Obama?
Me: Not really. Do you?
Nate: He's a knucklehead!
(A big thanks to Granddaddy for teaching him this word, haha!)


Nate pulled a pretend “chocolate bar” out of his grocery cart...
Me: Ooh, that looks good. Can I have a bite?
Nate: No Mommy, I can’t share. I’m sick.
(He’s not sick...this is a total lie...that little booger just didn’t want to share! Even his "pretend" chocolate!)
A few minutes later, I hear him mumbling something...
Me: Nate, what are doing?
Nate: I have a tummy ache, so I’m having Coca-Cola!

Nate: Look at our Christmas tree, Mal Mal!
Mal: Oh, it’s pretty!
Nate: It’s from Lowes.


Nate has been very interested in all things related to heaven/angels/wings lately. This conversation happened on the way to school (as do most of our “deep” conversations):
Nate: Mommy, do angels buy or grow wings?
Me: Well, I guess they grow them.
Nate: Do they wear boots?
Me: I’m not sure.
Nate: I bet they wear cowboy boots.


And then there's Miss Priss...this is what I found the other day as Nate was at a neighbor's house playing and I was cooking dinner:

She had gotten into our "2nd pantry" and decided to dump out ALL of Nate's chewys/fruit snacks. T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

4 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

Nate is hysterical... I love the angels in cowboy boots, what an imagination he has!

And Im sorry, Abby is too cute with all her chewy's! :)

Lora said...

Only in TN - angels with boots. I can't believe he hasn't said "where's the beef?" Abby and the chewy's reminds me of YOU and Halloween candy (wrappers and all)!

beth gibbs said...

I love that you can remember all these little funnies. The TROUBLE picture reminds me of all the messes that you 3 got into. Lora decorating the walls with a pen, hrs after I finished wallpapering, you eating candy behind the bathroom door, and Becky eating chocolate and smearing it allover herself and the walls.

LEW said...

Sorry I'm stalking-- I'm friends w Becca Raynor (fort) and just stumbled upon you in boredom. Anyway, just HAD to comment that I LOVE the "Obama is a knuckle head" comment-- I think I want that on a bumper sticker. Your boy is CUTE.