Friday, December 10, 2010

Lucky Thirteen

Abby Reece is 13 months old today! She has endured multiple transitions this past month and done so well with each one:
1. Table food
2. Whole milk
3. Forward-facing & bigger carseat
4. Sippy cups

Having Abby eat all table foods is sooo much easier than baby food! So far, there’s not much she’s turned down except French toast (weird, I know). She is definitely a meat lover, and other favorite foods include: salmon, blackeyed peas, cheese, crackers, eggs, banana, broccoli, and black bean burgers. We know this phase will end soon, where she’s trying/enjoying everything, so we are going to enjoy it while it lasts! Here she is, enjoying one of Greg’s famous meals “Nelly Telly” (pasta w/ sausage etc):

Did I mention that she LOVES cheese? (Erin - a girl after your own heart!) Here she is munching on havarti...yes, I said havarti...

She also has pretty much transitioned from formula to whole milk pretty seamlessly. I did this process slowly, over about 3 weeks, and MAN is it nice not to have to buy a $40 can of formula each week!

We moved her into Nate’s carseat this week, and turned it around so it’s forward-facing. When I first put her in it, she cried. I think out of confusion. But as soon as we started driving, she could NOT stop smiling and pointing at everything, wanting to know it’s name. The radio, the car controls, the mirrors, the windows, etc. It was so neat to see her experiencing this whole new view of the world! But of course, it made me a little sad too, which I wasn’t expecting. She just looks so grown-up in her carseat now! I love looking back at her and seeing her huge grin though :)

And as for the sippy cup transition, we’ve only been doing this for a few days but so far, so good. She loves holding her own cup and being a “big girl!” And I’m excited to not have to clean any more itty-bitty bottle parts soon!

The last thing I will say is that I think our Baby Girl is quite the personality. In fact, I think she has TWO distinct personalities. One minute, she’s happy and laughing…especially if she’s playing with Nate, rolling around on the bed, or playing quietly by herself. But then all of a sudden, a switch goes off and she is Miss Attitude. Case in point: when I told her “no” the other day, she took her passy out of her mouth, paused, and then reared back & threw it at my face. I was stunned! (And wished she was old enough to understand time-out!) She also has been known to bite (hoping this is just a phase), and poke babies in the eyes (sorry Ash) – again, we hope this is just a phase!



Other highlights from our past month:
- She loves playing in forts & with flashlights with Nate
- She has 8 teeth, and is working on cutting more at this moment
- Climbing, climbing, climbing
- Maybe another month or two till she walks? She is definitely cruising more & more each day and headed in that direction.
- My favorite word she’s saying these days: Brother (sounds like bru-ba)
- She loves to sort objects & then clean them up (yes, I know I’m lucky)...dominoes, blocks, chewys etc.
- She can sign “all done” (which really looks like a double wave) and it’s too cute!
- She LOVES books...in fact, if I’m giving her a bottle in her room, she climbs over me and tries to reach down to the book basket before she even has her bottle!

Well, at least our Baby Girl helps to keep things interesting! We love her energy, her spirit, and her sweet laughs. Happy 13 months, Abby Reece!





4 comments:

Heather said...

She's quite the little fashionista! I especially love the boots and all the colorful tights. And I love the big softie in the last picture. :)

Hallie Madewell said...

She's so stinkin' cute! Love the carseat picture and certainly can NOT believe she's 13 months :(

Seeing her drink out of that sippy cup is sweet and sad all at once!

Ashley said...

Wow, what a month of milestones!
Don't worry Eden doesn't hold a grudge about the eye poking!:)

Erin said...

yay cheese and cuteness!!