Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Funnies

As to be expected, Nate has been very preoccupied with all the snow lately. I keep saying how I’m ready for it to melt (SO HE CAN GO BACK TO SCHOOL) and so I guess he is picking up on this...
N: The snow is taking forever to melt! Where is the sun? Maybe the sun is a grump-o!


One of our many "deep" conversations, as we're driving...
Me: Do you think Mommy is a good driver?
N: Yes.
Me: What about Daddy?
N: He is the best!
Me: What about you?
N: I don’t drive! I’m not five yet!
Me: Oh, so you can drive when you’re five?
N: Yep. I’m almost a giant.

We were looking out the window while at a stoplight, and noticed two sets of footprints in the snow.
Me: Nate, what kind of animal do you think made the small footprints?
N: A lion. Yep, a lion (pronounced “wion”)


While driving, we saw a car with a lot of snow on the back of it...
N: Why does that car have snow on it?
Me: B/c it was parked outside, like Daddy’s car is. Our garage only fits 1 car.
N: I wish we had 2 houses.
Me: Why? So we’d have 2 garages?
N: Yep. And then I could go to Daddy’s house to visit.
Me: (Stifling laughter) So Mommy & Daddy would have separate houses?
N: Yep. Then me & Daddy could maybe be friends.


On a sidenote.....Abby Reece took her first steps last night!!! It was about 5 pm and in the kitchen. She just took about 3 steps, sideways. And our little neighbor Mal-Mal was here playing with Nate and got to witness it too. All of us started jumping up & down and acting crazy. I think we scared Abby! I called Greg immediately and told him to get his butt home! :) Luckily, she did it a few more times last night so Greg did get to see.

Here's to a whole new chapter with our "Baby" Girl!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Great job, Abby!:) Love the Deep talks with Nate!

Allyson said...

I find it hilarious that we are the same mothers who were a crying, blubbering mess the first day we took our kids to school. And now, would you just look. We get downright cranky if they miss a day for any reason!! :)
Great job on that walking, Abby!!

Hallie Madewell said...

YAY ABBY!!!!! SO PROUD!

BTW.. you forgot to add when we were eating lunch when Nate sd "Hey Mommy... um um"... "OH ME.. I forgot what I was gonna say" and ducking his head and rolling his eyes!

The Overstreets said...

Abby walking and in zebra print leggings! Love it!! I need to see her walk in person! How about a playdate soon!?

beth gibbs said...

I love the deep talks and that you have them written down . Priceless! Go Abby Go!