Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

On this day, 4 years ago, Greg and I said "I do." Hard to believe 4 years have already flown by! And oh, what a year this last one has been. Our little one was born, and we have grown so much closer as a result. We are some of the lucky ones!

To my amazing husband - I love you and I am SO grateful to have you in my life! I have so many memories of June 5, 2004....from the flower disaster and the idiotic wedding director (!), to having so much fun and dancing the night away with our friends & families. And for once, you surprised me AND were super romantic by giving not one, but two beautiful bouquets to me before the ceremony. Such a treat! But the best moment of all was walking down the aisle and seeing you standing there. And don't lie, you got teary-eyed! :) I will never forget that day as long as I live. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and dad!


Above is a picture of us walking into our reception, being called "Mr. & Mrs. Greg Givens" for the first time. We were overjoyed, and ready to party!!! And oh, what a party it was. I have never been so happy & so exhausted at the same time. And then, on the following Monday, we headed off to Costa Rica to enjoy some fun in the sun. Seven wonderful days to get away and enjoy being husband & wife! Hopefully we'll make it back to Costa Rica someday; that place is amazing! (Check out the below picture - my short hair & Greg's beard. Glad those days are over!!)


And although today is our actual anniversary, we celebrated last night. (Greg teaches summer school on Tuesday & Thursday nights.) We had a wonderful date night at Ruth's Chris in Nashville. It was so nice to get away together and take our time enjoying a delicious meal & bottle of wine. We love our little one, but he sure makes for a hectic mealtime - fusses a lot and throws Puffs all over the place. So, a big shout-out to Aunt Gena the Awesome for Nate-sitting! :)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember being teary-eyed ... what a wuss. Happy Anniversary to you, too, dearest Emily. You are a wonderful wife, an amazing mom, and a decent cook :) Man, this blog is getting popular. You should sell advertisements! We'll be rich!