Wednesday, June 25, 2008

He really is a fish!

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when Nate got in a (real) pool for the first time. No crying! We invited ourselves over to Casey's neighborhood pool, and put the boys in the baby pool. It was the perfect depth - about 1 foot - so we could sit and play with them, and they could "walk" around in their floats. (Shout out to Nana for the floatie!) I think we were in the water close to an hour, which must be a record for Nate with no fussing! At the end, I took him out of his float and just played with him some in the water. The highlight for me was trying to teach him to float....see the last picture....he was AWFUL at it - like his Dad! - but was making the funniest faces. You'd think I was trying to drown him or something! Anyways, hopefully he'll grow up to love the water as much I did when I was a kid. Swimteam, here we come!





3 comments:

Lora said...

I Love how his toes curled when you were trying to get him to float!

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE, I ESPECIALLY LOVE HIS HAT

Becky said...

I LOVE that you were trying to get him to float! He has got to be better than is dad...I am determined. he might just be a water baby after all.