Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lots to tell

I feel like I've been slacking lately with the blog, so for that I apologize. When you see what we've been up to, hopefully you'll understand why I've been so busy!!

Nate has had quite a 2 weeks. Ever since his doctor's appt on 8/25, things have gone downhill. He caught a bad cold and then had a few bad side effects from his vaccinations (fever of 103 and a chicken pox-like rash). Oh, and to top it off, he's still constipated. Yes, TMI, sorry. Today, he still has a snotty nose and a hard time napping b/c he has drainage in his throat that he chokes on when he lies down to sleep. Yes, this little boy has been pitiful. But thru it all, he has managed to smile & kiss me & make me laugh every day! :)

He has been doing quite a few new things, so I will share those below....

1. He points to EVERYTHING and wants you to name it (coffee table, stairs, fan, tv, clock, etc). He says "uh da, da, da da, uh da" constantly when he's pointing. I swear, I think he thinks he's talking in sentences.

2. He is cutting two more teeth on the bottom. This will be #7 and #8!

3. He can stick out his tongue on command (I will give you one guess as to who taught him that trick - Dad!)

4. He loves to give open-mouth, slobbery kisses when you ask for them.

5. He has started wiping off his bottle and sippy cup with the burp cloth after he's done drinking milk. Too funny! Guess he sees me do it. I love a clean boy!

6. He is doing well with the transition to whole milk. 3 of his 4 bottles are mostly whole milk, and he hasn't seemed to notice. Still on the bottle though - couldn't transition to the sippy right now too - too much at once!

7. He loves to dance (aka bounce) to his Fridge DJ and Wiggles dvd. He's got some rhythm, I tell ya!

8. We went to our first Kindermusik class today and had a great time! It's a weekly class for 15 weeks, and involves music, dancing, instruments, instructions, etc. I am hoping it will be a good outlet for some of Nate's excess energy :) and it's a fun way to meet other moms.

9. We are almost completely done with baby food - just have a few days' supply left. He devours his table food at dinner, but we are working on trying different options at breakfast & lunch. Right now, any fruits are high on his list. And cheese of course. And Maggie Moo's...... :)

2 comments:

Lora said...

New profile picture looks good! Tell Nate to save some kisses for ME :) I can't not WAIT to see you guys this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO SORRY POOR NATE HAS NOT BEEN FEELING WELL, HOPE HE'S BETTER SOON---SOUNDS LIKE THE MUSIC CLASSES WILL BE FUN. I KNOW SEVERAL YOUNG MOTHERS WHO HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THEM---