We got to "skype" with my family - my parents, two sisters, one boyfriend, one brother-in-law, and my grandparents - on Saturday. They were having their Easter celebration a day early in NC. I got to hear about Mom's usual antics over hiding everyone's Easter baskets (yes, we are all around 30 years old and she still does Easter baskets. We humor her :) and Nate got to say hi to everyone, though he was a bit overwhelmed with all the faces.
Sunday, the 3 of us had a great family breakfast, where Nate proceeded to eat almost 3 whole links of sausage (in addition to eggs, fruit, cinnamon rolls, etc.) That boy is obsessed with sausage!! We all got on our Sunday best and then Greg helped Nate hunt for his Easter basket. I must be turning into my mother, because I hid the basket in the dryer - one of her favorite spots!! Nate had fun with all his "loot" and wanted to break into all the candy immediately - go figure.
We went to Easter mass at St. Rose, and made the mistake of getting there only 15 minutes early. Nate had a little cold, so we took him into the Angel/Cry Room with us instead of putting him in the nursey & spreading his germs. The Angel Room was PACKED and we got one of the last seats. It was burning up in there, kids crying constantly, and pretty hectic to say the least. But, that's what our life is like now, right!? I am happy to report that Nate was one of the most well-behaved in there, and lasted the whole 1.5 hr service. I couldn't believe it! (I think my "bag of tricks" loaded with snacks & toys helped :)
After his nap that day, we got to play/hang out with friends outside and enjoy the nice weather. All in all, it was a great Easter weekend!


4 comments:
Looks like he got some good stuff in his basket!
And I still get Easter Baskets, too. I accept chocolate in any form, even in my childhood Easter basket.
Love the idea of hiding the actual basket! Might have to try that on Noah next year.:)
Not surprised that Nate was the best kid in church....he's a good boy!:) Noah on the other hand threw his cup and toys two pews up last week!! Ha-ha...oh well!
Please either come for Easter or have Mom at your house. She CLAIMS that she won't do baskets for us when she is WITH her grandson. (I thought it used to be when she HAD a grandchild, but whatever)
Aww... he looks so handsome! Im hiding baskets next year! That sounds like fun!
Post a Comment