Thursday, July 23, 2009

Presenting.......our little Ladybug!!

We got great news today at the doctor: Bug is healthy, & measuring well, and.....is a GIRL!! I think I am still in shock. I was sure it was a boy, just b/c my pregnancies have been so similar. But, I was wrong with Nate too, so, so much for my maternal instincts!

We got a ton of ultrasound printouts this time (thank goodness b/c at our 12 wk appt the printer was broken). She wasn't as active as Nate was (even though I had my 12 oz coke this morning!), but thankfully they were able to get a good view anyways. I just still can't believe it's a girl!!!!!!! (Mom, Bec, and L - please don't buy TOO much pink stuff!)

So, we haven't finalized a name yet....will do so soon though. I told Greg I needed a name for sure in 48 hrs, haha. Right now, he's just calling her ladybug - too cute. He is already wrapped around her little finger.

I posted a belly pic yesterday on my slideshow, since I was 20 wks. Definitely a belly there!! The doctor said my weight gain is on track though, whew. Only 7 lbs gained so far. It still looks like I need to lay off the mac'n'cheese though! :)

According to www.babycenter.com, our little ladybug weighs 10.5 oz and is 10 inches long from head to heel. Like a long banana! Crazy that she's so big already. It was sooo wonderful hearing her heartbeat today and getting confirmation that she is healthy.

Gosh, it's so weird to say "she"....I am going to have to get used to this!!




12 comments:

Bawa Bears said...

woot!

Proud Parents said...

YAY!!! I have been checking your blog all day! Hooray for ladybug! So excited for you all.

Hallie Madewell said...

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I can finally have a girl shower!!!!!!! YIPEE!

Ashley said...

YAY!!! So happy for you!!:)

Anonymous said...

Emily yall are going to have soooo much fun with a girl!! Be prepared though you can go poor REAL fast!!!

Leah said...

Congrats!! I don't usually like nicknames for babies while still in the tummy, but I LOVE that you call her Ladybug!

The Overstreets said...

Yay for a girl! I can't wait until your little ladybug is here!!

mary leigh said...

Yeah for our future Bates' future wife! We will be such great inlaws!

Cassie said...

How exciting!! :)

Hallie Madewell said...

I want to see these in person!!!

Lauren Heuber said...

I can hear Greg already,"Nate, don't tell the girls, but we are cooler than them!!!" or something like that! :) Love ya'll-L

beth gibbs said...

Nana is so excited about little ladybug. Lots of clothes have ladybugs on them too. Becky may not like this nickname considering how she feels about ladybugs. I had fun watching baby girls and boys too at the beach. I love you all... Too much!