Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Big Week!

(No, we didn't decide on a name for our Ladybug yet, so stop asking! My lovely husband is being indecisive and dragging his feet. Love you honey! Anyways, we hope to have one soon.)

No, the reason this has been a big week so far is b/c I found the bedding for both Ladybug's nursery & Nate's big boy room! (This is major news, people. I have been obsessing and up all hours of the night making lists of lists of lists. Just ask Greg.) I do love decorating a nursery, but wow, putting a big boy room on top of that is giving me a little anxiety. But, now that I have the bedding picked out, I can search for all the fun stuff.....wall art, baskets/buckets/bins (my fave), and knick-knacks. So fun!!

Here's what I've got so far. First up, Ladybug's nursery.....the colors are going to be lavender & sage green. (With a HINT of pink!) :)


And here's a throw pillow for Nate's big boy room. I've only bought him a quilt so far, and it's actually edged in navy instead of light blue like in the picture. But, you get the picture. It's not going to be TOO themey, but will have a few cars & trucks (or as Nate calls them "beep beeps") around. I had to find something that stuck with the primary color-theme, since he is staying in his old room and we don't want to repaint!

Gotta love Target deals!!

And I'm also doing some prelim-furniture shopping for big boy beds, b/c when my parents come next week for Nate's bday party, they are going to buy it for us. So nice! And then sometime in September we'll make the switch....crib no more for Nate. It is going to be traumatic I'm sure!

5 comments:

mary leigh said...

i love ladybug's room. where did you get her bedding?

Lora said...

Perfect colors for ladybug :) I still need to buy her some stuff! Is the bedding the one I liked from Target? Nate's beep beep quilt will be perfect in his room! Guess I will one of the last ones to sleep in the soon to be nursery next weekend :)

Ashley said...

Wow, your organization amazes me!!:)
Love both color schemes!!

Hallie Madewell said...

OOH I LOVE IT!!!!

Amy G said...

So, I guess I have been a little out of the loop -- I just logged onto your blog for the first time in forever and found out about baby #2! Congrats to you and your family -- this is so exciting! Have fun picking everything out!
Amy Geer