Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July weekend

What a great family weekend! We took Nate to the park Friday night - since it was finally COOL - and he had a ball. I have never seen him in the swings for so long. He said "more, more" everytime we asked him if he was ready to go try something else. (Apparently, we need a swing in our backyard....take note, Nana!) We ran into an old buddy from Kindermusik, and Nate had fun running around with him at the park. Nate played peek-a-boo, went down the slide, walked on the "balance beam," and swung on the tire swing with Dad. It was a great way to wear him out before bedtime!!

Saturday, we all went out to the greenway for a long family walk. Again, the weather was relatively mild. (Meaning it was under 85 degrees.) Nate got to explore, talk to some dogs at the Bark Park, and then we had a Jimmy Johns picnic (SO good). Though I think Nate's favorite part was the juice box! That evening, we grilled out with some neighbors and Nate got to play with 2 of his favorite buddies - Haakon and Gracie. Nate LOVED the bratwursts his Dad made - he almost ate a whole one! - and pigged out on chips too. He even caught a glimpse of the fireworks amidst the rain, and before going to bed. It was a great 4th of July and I got to spend it with my two favorite guys!

Here are some pics from the park:



2 comments:

Lora said...

Of course Nate loved the bratwurst - it's like sausage :) Glad he wasn't scared of the fireworks!

beth gibbs said...

The thought of bratwurst grosses me out. He won't get any of that EVER at Nana's house. I thought about last year's fireworks display from your back patio last year while I was hunkered downstairs with drugged up Sophie.