I spent most of my childhood in Ohio with him, but luckily, he and his wife (who we affectionately call "Deedee"), moved to NC a few years ago into a nursing home. That way, every time we came home to visit my parents during summers & holidays, we got to visit Deedee & Gregg. Gregg got to know my son, his namesake, and I will cherish so many memories of seeing Gregg's face as he watched Nate play. I only wish he could have met Abby in person.
Gregg was a great man....an engineer, an inventor, a veteran....not to mention a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He was my dad's dad, and celebrated his 66th anniversary with Deedee this past January. Though his health had been declining the past few years, he still always had a smile and a story to tell everytime I saw him. He loved to tell "back in the day" stories...and loved to rib me about the Tarheels (he went to NCSU). To say he was a generous man does not do him justice. He & Deedee put me (and my sisters) thru college, and that is something I will be forever grateful to them for.
I couldn't have picked a better man to name my son, Nathan Eric, after. I will miss my grandfather dearly.

November 2008
June 2009


5 comments:
i'm so sorry to hear it. what a nice post you wrote about grandpa gregg. he had a long, great life!
Em.. So sorry about your Gpa :( I will be praying for your family. Let me know if I can help with the kids while you go to NC.
Em, I am so sorry. Please let me know how I can help in the coming days. I'll do anything you need.
We were so sorry to learn of your grandfather's passing. It's good that you have so many wonderful memories
What a
Wonderful memorial to a wonderful man. He would appreciate knowing his impact. he wasn't demonstrative but oh was he proud of his son, grandchildren and especially his great grandchildren. he will be watching over them I am sure.
Post a Comment