Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Solid as a rock


Abby is 20 wks old today and started solids this past week. Our little girl is growing up too fast!! Her first few bites of cereal produced quite the funny faces...see below.

The "BEFORE" shot

The "AFTER" shot - first bite

Still not a fan..

Seriously Mom, this stuff is nasty...

Getting the hang of it after a few more bites...

And, now we like it! That was fast!


Now she is eating it like a champ, 3x/day, AND we put her on a four hour schedule. That means she takes a morning nap (9-11 am) and I aligned her afternoon nap with Nate's. Result = 2 hrs of heaven for me in the afternoon!!! She has taken to the new schedule (and cereal) great so far!

We went to the dr yesterday for a sick visit. They gave her some antibiotics b/c she just cannot kick this cold! She is still sleeping and acting fine, but man, she sounds like a truck driver and is so pitiful. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and she'll be able to breathe better. We got her weighed at the dr and this cereal is really bulking her up: she's up to 12 lbs 15 oz!!

Abby is definitely a "Momma's girl"....Greg noticed the other day that I can make her laugh & smile more than anymore else. Finally! A kid that thinks I'm funny! (B/c Nate just thinks I'm a dork, I'm sure. He thinks his Dad hung the moon though :)


VERY into chewing on her hands these days. Hope that doesn't mean she's getting ready to cut a tooth!!

Showing off her new trick - grabbing toys! Such an accomplishment! :)

Nate in his pjs with his favorite new shoes....I call them his old-man loafers

Nate with BFF, Mallory

Always lovin' on his baby sister

Hands down, my new favorite pic!

6 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

How can she be 20 weeks already???
Love the cereal faces!!! Such a cutie patootie!

I love Tuesday's... I can always count on a "Givens" update!

PS... woohoo for coordinated naptime! May your DVR not live a lonely life any more!

Leah said...

Aw, I love the last one of her at meal time. Sweet Smile!

And I am with Hallie. 20 weeks already!? That went fast!

mary leigh said...

I LOVE the new favorite picture!!!!

The Overstreets said...

Love the last pic, but the cereal ones are too cute!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

I always comment about little AR; but holy moly - those old man loafers on Nate are AH-mazing! Becky has been missing Miss Abby recently!

KelseyMoore said...

eating solids already? it is hard to believe - they just aren't babies for very long.

yes - we are totally finding out, there is no chance that i could wait until that baby came! i am much to much of a planner.

glad things are going well in TN!