Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lucky #4

Abby is FOUR MONTHS OLD today! Craziness! She had her 4 month check-up at the doctor's yesterday, and everything went great. She took her shots like a champ - she is one tough cookie, unlike her brother, haha. Actually Nate & Greg were at the appointment and had to leave the room when Abby got her shots. Greg said it was b/c "Nate" didn't want to see Abby cry. Yeah right.

Here are her stats:
Weight - 12 lbs 4 oz (25th percentile, same as at her 2 mo. appt)
Height - 23 3/4 inches (35th percentile; big jump from the 15th percentile 2 months ago!)

She has been going thru a growth spurt lately....eating a LOT and if we wear her out/play with her a lot during her awake time, she naps awesome. She loves to smile & laugh, especially when Mommy sings Patty-Cake. She definitely got the Gibbs "I'm a morning person" genes, b/c she is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:30 am when I get her up to eat. Sometimes she hardly eats b/c she's too busy smiling & cooing at me. It's adorable! 6:30-8 am is our "Mommy & Me" time....I nurse her, and then we play until 8 when the boys get up and then she goes down for a nap. It's my favorite time of day and good QT with my baby girl.

Abby & I are taking our first plane ride together this Friday (to NC for my grandfather's funeral). Nate & Greg are staying behind, so wish us girls luck (and say a prayer that she doesn't scream the whole plane ride please)! :)

Here are some pics from the week:
Showing off her fat belly

Love that grin

And those legs! She has a few little rolls

Abby LOVES her new glider seat that we borrowed from a friend. It lights up & plays music when her feet touch the pad. It's a workout for her & tires her out good!! (Thanks Leah!)

Another one of those adorable smiles

This is what I walked out to the other day after I was done nursing Abby. He was standing on a stool, dancing to the Wiggles. Yes, he has figured out that when Mommy is nursing Abby, he can get into trouble more easily....

Nate & Greg's "swordfighting" sequence. I swear, those two are two peas in a pod and the best of friends!



4 comments:

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

She is looking so cute! Love her little leg rolls! You officially have us beat - 11lb 11.5 oz 22.5 inches. Peanut! Hope the flight goes well! We are flying in May and I'm so nervous, give me tips afterwards! :)

Ashley said...

Great to see you all at the park on Monday! We'll be praying for a safe trip for you and Abby. SO very sorry for your loss.

Love the cupcake onesie!!

Lora said...

Abby will do great on the plane ride - I know she will be so excited to see her Aunt L at the airport :) She does ok in the car, right? I laughed when I saw the pictures of Nate on the barstool... reminded me a little of Bec as a kid. She knew how to get into trouble ALL THE TIME.

Hallie Madewell said...

OMG... LOVE the cupcake outfit!! And I cant believe she's 4 mths either :( Time flies!

Best wishes on your trip!!!! Im sure she'll be an angel!