Monday, April 26, 2010

24 Weeks

Poor Abby has had a rough last week...she had her first bout with constipation (no fun, but apparently an essential part of being in this family). After apple juice, suppositories, and finally some milk of magnesia, she is cleaned out and good as new! (I'm sorry if this is TMI, but it was just so pitiful to see my little girl go thru!) And then she has another cold that she just cannot kick. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she is now on zyrtec. Hopefully, relief will come soon. She got weighed and the little chunker is 15 lbs 1 oz!!!

Other tidbits from this week:
-Her hair is definitely coming back in, and it's resembling a strawberry-blonde color! Not sure where that came from!
-She refuses to take a bottle if Big Brother is in the room. All she wants to do is watch him. It is cute, but kinda annoying too! :)
-She has mastered taking the passy out of her mouth. Not so great on putting it back in yet.

I.love.this.jumperoo!!! I borrowed it from a friend (thanks H!) and it is BY FAR Abby's favorite. She jumps so hard sometimes I have to look over to make sure she did not jump out of it! Our little jumping bean. And the best part is...it wears her out for naptime!

Have I mentioned that Nate is obsessed with his baby sister? Yes, he wants to talk to her first thing in the AM, give her a kiss, and show her his outfit (I am not kidding). He lives to make her smile/laugh, and I am so thankful that he is so sweet with her (for now :) Here he is trying on Abby's leggings...


So this is my new fave outfit I think. I mean who doesn't love watermelons!? Too cute.

And check this out....the girl is wearing size 6M clothes, and NEWBORN sized shoes! Yes, her feet are tiny! And look at these little "espadrilles" I got at Target...love them! I have the cutest white sandals in sizes 1 (0-3 mo.) and 2 (3-6 mo.) yet she doesn't fit in either. Seriously!?


We took advantage of one of the rainy days this weekend to take the kids to the mall to play. Nate had fun chasing the big kids at the playground, doing the trains at the bookstore, and then riding the "cars" below. The boy loves him some monkeys.

And he loves being our little helper too! Here he is feeding Miss Priss her cereal:

Other fun pics from the week:

3 comments:

Lora said...

Nate IS a monkey! His hair is crazed in one of those pictures and I love his smile. Of course Abby is cute in every outfit, I don't think I could have a favorite. I hope her feet stay petite - unlike the rest of the Gibbs women :)

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

OH MY GOSH. I love that he shows her his outfit - hilarious! WHERE is the watermelon outfit from, love it!!! Emerson can't wear shoes...she eats them or pulls them off - bummer! :)

Hallie Madewell said...

Glad she likes the jumpy!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE SHOES!!! Too cute!

Nate is such an awesome big brother.. so proud of him!