Friday, April 9, 2010

Double the trouble, Double the fun

Being a parent of TWO little ones comes with a whole new set of challenges. But let me just tell you, all of those sleepless nights/poopy diapers/headaches etc etc are worth it, when you experience a moment like Greg & I did this morning.

Greg was sitting on our bed holding Abby, and Nate was sitting next to Greg, making funny faces & noises at his baby sister. (And of course, she could not take her eyes off of him as usual!) Then, out of nowhere, Abby lets out a huge belly laugh after Nate made a funny noise at her. NATE made her laugh!!! This was the first time, and the look on his face was priceless. Pure joy. And he was so proud of himself!

At that moment, I felt so blessed. Because I feel that one of the greatest gifts you can give a child is a sibling. And thankfully, Greg & I were able to do that. Now I know these two will have their fights down the road, but for now, it's nice to know (and see) how much my two munchkins love each other. It only makes me love them (and Greg!) that much more.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Em,
That's exactly what I needed to hear! thanks for your encouraging words for this soon-to-be mom of two!

KelseyMoore said...

that is the sweetest thing ever. and it is all worth it, no matter how crazy it can make you!