Monday, July 5, 2010

AMERICANA


I love our neighborhood (or rather, our street)! We had the best time yesterday hanging out with everyone....cooking out, enjoying adult beverages :), watching the kids play/swing/run/swim. Nate doesn't know how lucky he is to have built-in friends as soon as he walks out his front door. Oh yeah, and ice cream cones were an added bonus.


After dinner, we broke out the snap-n-pops. They were a hit! I was busy handing them out for over 30 min....to kids ranging in age from 2-8! Nate had a blast with all his friends, and Abby enjoyed being passed around and oohed & ahhed over.



Abby went to bed around 8 pm, and then the "big kids" got to enjoy sno-cones & the fireworks display! Greg got together with 2 neighbors and combined their stash (Thanks Poppy). They did a good job, but I must say, some of the other people in our neighborhood must be professionals. They were the BEST fireworks I have ever seen! We stayed out way past 10 pm and Nate was kinda up & down on how he felt about them....at first he couldnt get enough of them (notice the picture with the doublepoint!) but then he was covering his ears and saying "too loud." But towards the end of the show, he would "help" Greg light a few (sounds safe, I know), and then run away. The running was his fave! We had a ball with everyone and enjoying kickin' back with good friends, good food, good fun. Hope you had a happy 4th!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Fun 4th!!:) Last month I came really close to buying Abby's "Stars & Stripes" outfit at Cracker Barrel for Eden.:) Seeing pictures of her in it made me regret not buying it!
Looks like you all had a great time!

Hallie Madewell said...

OH MY.. Abby is too cute!
I swear Nate lookes like he's grown a foot since I've seen him last :(

Glad yall had a good time!