Saturday, July 10, 2010

Eight is Great!

Baby Girl is 8 MONTHS OLD today! Gotta love that mohawk and big grin! Seriously, we get so many comments on her crazy hair. So to answer them: 1. No, we do not fix it like that - it will just not lay down unless we wet it and give her a comb-over. Not happening. 2. No, we do not know where the strawberry blonde tint came from. Though, she is getting more & more blonde everyday. Hopefully she'll be an adorable towhead like her Daddy! 3. Yes, the reason it sticks up is b/c of Greg...apparently his did that as a kid, and still does to this day if he gets his hair cut too short. So, there is hope for Abby! Her hair just needs to grow out more!

The best part of my day is going to get her in the morning...she is usually already awake, but is happily babbling or chewing on her blankie. As soon as she sees me, she gets a BIG grin and starts to arch her back and kick her legs in excitement. She is my sweet Baby Girl, and as Greg reminds me all the time - a VERY good baby. For some reason, I think I am harder on her (already) than I was with Nate. I think I just have less patience this time around, since I'm using half of it to deal with a toddler too!

Abby spent the past month trying lots of new things. She loved both the beach & pool, as well as almost every new food she put in her mouth: applesauce, bananas, oatmeal cereal (this has been her least fave), green beans, chicken, turkey, and ICE CREAM (yes, her first official table food). She had her first double bath with Nate, graduated from the infant carrier to sitting up in the cart when at Kroger, started playing in the pack-n-play/playpen, and started using a sippy cup from time to time.

As I've mentioned before, there is nothing or no one in this world that Abby loves as much as her big brother. In fact, when he was at "Camp Nanny & Poppy" for 4 days, she was a huge pain. Fussy, demanding, difficult. And I am not kidding...as soon as Nate got home she was back to her sweet, laid-back self! She is content, just as long as he's in the same room with her. She loves to watch him play, eat, dance, sing, whatever. I am so happy she has such a sweet older brother as her built-in best friend. Nate has asked to climb into her crib a few times when we go get her up from her nap recently. When they're in there together, giggling and playing, it melts me!

Abby has started babbling a LOT more this past month. Well, really, in the past week. One of her more notable babbles is something that resembles "da da." (Yeah, I'm pissed). It's super cute though, and I love the one that sounds like "hi ya" too.

Oh and the biggest news of all - yesterday, we had a friend over for lunch and she actually noticed that Abby has TWO TEETH coming in!!!!! Her bottom two middle teeth. You can't actually see the tips yet, but her gums are swollen and you can see the slits where the teeth are about to break through. So exciting!!! Nate didn't get his first 2 teeth until 9 months, so Abby is way ahead of him!

Here are a few new pictures from Abby's past month. We love you Baby Girl!
Gnawing on Dad's chilly willy

Our mohawk girl hanging out in the front yard

Rockin' the cutest polo dress I have ever seen - Thanks Aunt B

Forgoing the cereal at lunch & dinner and now having meat instead - chicken!

Dueling laptops (and please pardon Nate in his undies but we have been POTTY TRAINING this week - more on that later!)

No comments: