Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Funnies

-Nate keeps seeing this commercial for a Buzz Lightyear wingpack, and this is our conversation (about 10x/day for the past 4 days):
Nate: "Ooh, I'll get that for my birthday."
Me: "No, honey, your birthday is over."
Nate: "Can I have for Christmas?"
Me: "We'll see; maybe we'll ask Santa for it."
Nate: "Oh ok! I'll write him a weally weally nice note. Not a bad note."
(Two things scare me about this: 1. My kid is already being swayed by advertising on commercials. Man they get 'em young! and 2. He has already started his Christmas list!)

-Nate trying to prevent Abby from playing with a doorstopper (yes, he takes his big brother/protector role very seriously):
Nate: "No Abby! Danger, danger!"

-Nate, showing off his new, BOSSY side:
Nate: "Mommy, don't touch that! Abby is playing with it!"
Me: "No, it's time for her to take a nap so I need to take it away."
Nate: "Fine! I turn you into a frog!" (Yes he carries around a "magic wand" most days. Another new obsession. I see a Harry Potter halloween costume in his future.)

-Again, Nate being bossy:
Nate: "Abby, don't do that one more time or I put you in timeout!"
(WOW he sounds like me! Scary!)

1 comment:

Hallie Madewell said...

Bahahah... he desperately wanted to show me the "Wingpack" online yesterday! So funny!

I love his sense of humor!!!!!! :)