Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Funny

(In the kitchen for lunchtime)
Nate: "Mommy, you forgot to scoot me in."
Me: "Oh sorry, bud. Let me finish washing this and I'll be right over."
Nate: "You losing your mind??"
Me: "Yes, yes I am."
Nate: "Ok."


Also, earlier this week, Nate had two bad nights in a row...kept waking up because of "Zurg" nightmares (he's the bad guy in Toy Story). So I was up with him a few times Tues & Wed night, and then with Abby as well b/c he woke her up with his crying. So....needless to say I've been a bit of a zombie this week. Well, my brilliant husband came up with a solution to stop the nightmares (and let me get some sleep!) We gave Nate a gun. Oh yes you read that right. He now sleeps with an (empty) watergun next to his bed, to shoot Zurg at night. It has worked that past 2 nights and he hasn't gotten up once. So, on Thursday morning:
Nate: "Mommy! I shot Zurg last night!"
Me: "Good, sweetie! I'm glad you didn't get scared."
Nate: "Did you get good sleep Mommy?"
Me: "Yes, thank you for not waking me up."
Nate: "You got it dude."
(I love my sweet boy!)

2 comments:

mary leigh said...

I think its time to get that boy his first Red Rider!

The Overstreets said...

This might just be the best Nate post ever!!! I'm shocked and impressed with Greg's solution! Is this a new 3 year old phase? Will woke up crying two nights recently b/c he "was in the belly of a whale". Could you ask Greg what his solution would be for that!?