Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mysterious Injury

At 11:00 am on Friday, Nate proclaimed his knee was broken. Yes, broken. For the next 9 hrs, he refused to walk, but rather, had to crawl or be carried wherever he went. When my hands were too full to carry him (& Abby & grocery bags & my purse for example), he s-l-o-w-l-y walked with a limp, earning the nickname "Peg Leg."

When Greg got home from work Friday night, and offered to horseplay as usual with Nate, the little guy refused due to his "injury." That's when we got scared something really was wrong with his knee and considered taking him to the doctor. However, later in the night when it was pj time, all it took was a new set of Spiderman pjs, and he started "flying" down the hall.

What a faker!!!! I can't believe he had the persistence to stick with this story all day. And where he came up with it? I have no idea. Possibly something that was on TV that morning. Regardless, I am thankful his mysterious injury is over....my back couldn't take it.

Drama king.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Absolutely nothing to do with this post...but I can't believe Abby is almost ONE! I just looked at your ticker on the side and now I am wondering where the last year went!?

Ashley said...

What a stinker!:) Can't believe he stayed with it all day too! Glad it wasn't a serious injury...now what happens when he really does get hurt?!

Proud Parents said...

That is some serious pretending...

P.S. Thanks for reminding me to change my background, yours is fantastic!

The Overstreets said...

You might have more of a trouble maker on your hands than we originally thought! ML and I might have to re-think N being the "safe" friend" when the boys are older. He might be the "mastermind"!!! And, love the PJ's, they were worth blowing his cover!

Lora said...

I think he gets his dramatic side from his father :)