Throughout the week, I usually write down a few funny things Nate says, in order to compile my "funnies" on Friday. Well, yesterday it hit me that I had NOTHING written down. It's sad to say, but I've barely seen my kids this week, since I've been doing so much work on the house. Luckily, Mum Mum has been here paying attention to my kids, so don't think they've been neglected or anything. Far from it actually!! :) So here it goes...some of "Mum Mum's Musings"....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each time I visit, Nathan asks me the same questions:
1. When I bring in my suitcase, he looks around...
Nate: I can smell something?
(meaning: can I smell something? - I learned this over time)
MumMum: What do you smell? Do I know what it is?
Nate: Yes! Can I smell it too? Can I go like this?
(He sniffs in and throws his head back)
We get out my Vicks menthol bottle and open it.
Nate: Can I put some on my nose like this? (Imitating me)
Nate: Can I put it by your bed?
(Because I always place it on the windowsill by my bed)
This trip he had Abby smell the Vicks and she liked it too!
2. And here is the same question he always asks about his Daddy...
Nate: Is my Daddy your little boy?
MumMum: Yes he is.
Nate: Did he live in Johnson City when he was a little boy?
MumMum: Yes he did.
Nate: Did he sleep there too?
MumMum: Yes
Nate: (with emphasis) Well, he doesn’t sleep there anymore!

Nate and Abby are playing with a new Noah’s Ark toy with wooden animals
Nate: I don’t want to play this anymore
MumMum: Why not?
Nate: 'Cause Abby doesn’t know how to play Noah’s Ark! See she puts them in her mouth. Your supposed to put them on the boat.
In the garage, riding bikes and playing with Abby:
MumMum to Nathan: Could you pull the riding car out for Abby please?
Nathan to Abby who is trying to pull it out herself: (Sternly spoken) Okay Abby, but this is the last time!
(Does this sound like Greg or Emily?! Or both?!)
We are listening to country music in the garage, as Nathan rides his bike and Abby is pushed in the stroller. Nathan gets off the bike and starts dancing and waving his arms, jumping up and down.
MumMum: I like your dancing Nathan
Nate: I’m not dancing.
MumMum: Well what are you doing?
Nate: I’m fighting.
MumMum: Who?
Nate: Abby (who looks at him with mild amusement)
We are all looking for the remote to the DVD player, which Abby has hidden.
Nate: Maybe it just grew legs and got up and walked out of here!
(Is he really just three and a half?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joyce, thank you for taking such good care of the kids this past week. You have been such a tremendous help to Greg & me and we appreciate it so much!


7 comments:
get crazy em :). fun guest blog. i always wondered when kids figured out that their grandparents are their parents' mommy and daddy!
Love the guest blogger...very amusing!
you are hilarious! guest blogger! did you find the channel changer, hopefully it will make the move!
Great guest post, Mum-Mum!
Emily was telling us all about the great help you've been that allowed her to paint in peace!
Great Post Joyce!!! Hilarious!!! Help from Grandparents is always a plus! :)
MumMum is great help to all of us.. I love Abby and MumMum's glasses
Even funnier than usual with a guest blogger :) Especially the wild dancing/fighting.
Post a Comment