Example 1:
We grilled out one night this week and then ate outside on our back patio. Nate was very concerned with all the food that Abby was dropping.
Greg: Don’t worry, the birds will like it.
N: No Daddy, the birds will ENJOY it.
Example 2:
Showing N the brownies I was going to make for Greg’s bday:
N: Oh Mommy! Those look DELICIOUS!
Example 3:
Coming home from a playdate...
N: Mommy, I’m EXHAUSTED.
Example 4:
We had a bday celebration for Greg and there were streamers from the blowers everywhere. Nate picked up some of the streamers – tiny strings – and said:
N: Daddy, did you NOTICE this??
Driving in the car...
N: Look Mommy! A McDonalds!
Me: I see it.
N: (Big sigh) I know I know, we’re not going there.
I was getting ready to put N to bed for naptime and wanted him to go potty first.
Me: Nate, do you need to go potty?
N: No.
Me: Are you sure? When is the last time you went?
N: Yesterday. I promise.
Driving to the gym, we kept getting ALL red lights. I think I sighed real loud or something.
N: What’s wrong Mommy?
Me: It’s just not our lucky day. We keep missing the lights.
N: It can always be our lucky day on the highroad (translation: the highway).
Me: What do you mean sweetie?
N: Because there’s no lights ever and ever!!
And my personal favorite “funny” of the week:
We had just pulled up to the Discovery Center and I heard Nate whispering to Buzz Lightyear in the backseat before we got out of the van.
N: Now Buzz, I’m going inside. If you need me, pop your wings out and press the button on the door. I’m going to music class. If you come in, I will see you and you will see me and I will hold you for some seconds. Ok?


5 comments:
so funny when they use big new words! he is a smart little guy!
That last funny is the BEST!!! Miss you guys!
so cute! he looks like an adult under that car - is that at the discovery zone?
He is friggin hysterical!!!! I love him.
Such a smart sweet little guy. He has such a big vocabulary because you spend so much time talking and reading to him. He is very lucky to have such wonderful parents and a Mommy that spends time with him.
Post a Comment