Thursday, June 25, 2009

2nd Child Syndrome, already...

Poor Baby Bug! Not even born yet and already neglected. I haven't even blogged about him yet, besides spreading the word that I was preggo. And poor guy, at our first ultrasound - at 8 wks - we didn't get to keep any printouts b/c the machine was broken. So now his "first year" scrapbook will be incomplete. See what I mean? Already neglected.

So, here goes... I vow to blog more during my pregnancy b/c Baby Bug is just as important as Nate!!!

Today was our 16 wk check-up and everything went great! My weight gain is on track so far (So, thanks Mom - I'm not obese and neither is my baby)! And Bug's heartbeat was good and fast.

Last week, I felt Bug kick for the first time! Usually they say you dont feel it till 18 wks, but since I'm a "veteran mom" (haha), you know what to feel for, and I felt it!! Just like little gas bubbles right below my left rib. Feeling the baby move is my ABSOLUTE favorite part of being pregnant. It makes all the nausea & fatigue worth it!

Bug is the size of an avocado right now, according to www.babycenter.com. So, that's about 4 1/2 inches long. Crazy that he's already so big and I'm only 16 wks!

A lot of people have asked me about comparing my two pregnancies so far.... they have been pretty similar except for just 2 things.

1. I "popped" way earlier. Had to start wearing maternity bottoms at 10 wks compared of 16 last time. My doctor told me today that it's b/c I'm "looser" now. Thanks, doc.
2. It is much harder this time around!! I've felt about the same - nausea wise - but wow, it takes more energy to chase after a toddler than it does to lie on the couch like last time. (DUH, but still. It's harder.) But, like a friend told me --- it only gets harder from here!! :)

So, the last bit of news is that today we set the date for my 20 wk appt & ultrasound to find out Bug's gender! I can't wait. Mark July 23rd on your calendars!

5 comments:

Lora said...

Marked my calendar :) Can't WAIT to know! We will make sure Bug isn't neglected :)

Life's A Beach.... said...

I laughed out loud at the fact that your doc said you were "looser." HAHAHA.....I still can't stop laughing. That is so wrong but I get what their saying....your body is used to it! I, also, cannot WAIT until the gender announcement!

Hallie Madewell said...

Awwww.... Sweet baby bug! I cant wait to see that little sweet pea! Glad everything looks great!!! BTW you look SO CUTE!!!!!

Ashley said...

As I was reading your list of "changes" during this pregnancy, I accidently read that you "pooped" earlier instead of "popped"!!!!
I was like, "Emily, is sure sharing a lot with us!!;)

Anywho...glad that you are and the bug are doing well!!

Our Moments said...

Nate is adorable! I love the pics from the beach. I can't wait to find out what you're having in a few weeks. (Sucks that we have to wait so late to find out, huh?) :) My pregnancies have been completely different from the beginning. I attributed it to them being different genders, but you just never know!