We have been talking about/reading about a big boy bed for months, and I think it really helped. When it was delivered yesterday, he was super excited and couldn't wait to play in his new room and bounce on his bed. I didn't have the room together in time for naptime, so last night was the big test...
I was super nervous b/c the guardrail we borrowed from a neighbor - though adjustable - did not fit the bed. So we put a body pillow on the ground and hoped for the best (so ghetto, I know). I was waiting/dreading to hear a big "thud" all night. (And believe me, I was up....little Miss Abby likes to kick at 2:45 am now. Love that.) And against my better judgment, I did give in to Greg's request to let him keep his 2 passys at night for another month or so, while he's getting used to the bed. "Mean Mommy" was ready to make a clean break with those darn passys, but I guess it's ok to give in every now & then!!
Greg checked in on Nate before he came to bed around midnight, and said that he was lying SIDEWAYS in the bed. As in horizontal. That big ole twin bed, and he was laying with his legs were hanging off the bed. And he had thrown the pillow to the middle of the bed. Hey, whatever works! I wish I could have seen it though. And Nate was ALL smiles this morning when I got him up. Sitting up, ready to go, holding his buddies. I am sooooooooo proud of our little man! (Now I know what some of you are thinking...just b/c he had a great night last night, doesn't mean that every nap & bedtime will go as smoothly these coming weeks. But at least we know he did it once, and wasn't too traumatized!! :)
Still a work in progress, but here are pics of his new "big boy room:"
Testing it out...(aka bouncing on it)
Tucked in with his friends and ready for "night night"
Storytime with Daddy first...
The morning after!! He survived!!


5 comments:
You did a GREAT job with his room!! love the colors and bedspread!!
Good job, Nate on sleeping in your big boy bed!!
Ps. I am spending the week in Ohio...so hopefully we'll see you guys in a few weeks when things settle down.
OH .. its SOOOO CUTE! I love it!
Im so glad he had a good night!! Way to go Nate! And way to go Greg for not giving in!
i love it!
my favorite part is his alarm clock! :o)
Yay Nate!!!! Love the bed and his room is perfect! He looks like such a big boy standing on his bed! But, my favorite picture is the one with his passy - precious baby boy!
Room looks great of course :) I can't wait to hear how this week goes with naps and bedtimes...
Post a Comment