Today was Nate's fifth day at MDO, and for the first time, he did not cry AT ALL at drop-off!! The reason this is big news is b/c for the past few times, he has been SOBBING my name, over and over, and I have to pry him off of me. It breaks my heart everytime. But today, he actually reached for his "teachie" and waved bye to me. He had one small lip quiver, but that was it! I was so proud of my big boy!! (Now I must note that each day after these sobfests at drop-off, his teachers say he has calmed down within 2 minutes. So that has always made me feel better, but still, it has just been a scene everyday I've dropped him off. Yes, I still cry a little everytime :)
Nate has been doing SO well at MDO so far...really exceeding my expectations. He talks about his "teachies" all the time. And loves to go thru his folder with me when we get home...he shows me what art project he brought home and we go over his number/color/letter worksheet and new song. He is a busy little boy! And officially obsessed with play-doh now. (Except he calls it "pow.")
And another thing we've been having to overcome is the realization that our boy is going to get a lot more colds & sick spells this year. That is just the nature of preschool I guess. Well, last week (Day 3), we were told a kid went home b/c of Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease. Awesome. It is highly contagious and they were afraid his whole class was contaminated. Well, it's been a week and none of the kids (including Nate) have shown symptoms, so I think we're in the clear. Whew! I lost a lot of sleep over that this week though. Not that there was anything I could do to prevent him from getting it - he had already been possibly exposed. What drama!
PS If you're wondering what Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease is, here is a link from WebMD:
http://children.webmd.com/tc/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease-topic-overview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm so glad he is doing so well. i had my doubts but his Momma knows him best. what a big boy! It has happened so FAST! Nana is not ready for this growing up too fast.
Post a Comment