Some of our neighbors, Susan & Todd, invited us to a "Hoedown" at their church this past weekend. It was a MASSIVE event...we're talking thousands of people here....and it was all free! Like a Fall Carnival type thing...with food vendors, animals, inflatables, face painting, games, cake walks, live music, etc. It was quite the event, and we are sure to go again next year. Our only mistake was going too late...it was from 2-6 pm, and we didn't arrive until 4:30, after Nate's nap. (Of course, this was the one day that Nate decided to take a near 3 hr nap - typical.) Anyways, we followed Susan, Todd, and their 11-month-old Ellysia there. And then our next door neighbors the Pattons (Amy, Philip, Josh & Mallory) met us there. I am not sure who had more fun...the kids or the adults! Here are some highlights:Nate playing in the "Preschool" tent...he actually knocked the cans down with this throw! And at every game - whether the kid "won" or not - he got candy. YUM.
Josh & Mallory, grubbing on cotton candy. We love these kiddos!!
Getting a better view from Dad's shoulders
Josh wanted Nate to try some of his cotton candy...Nate was not so sure about it. I think he prefers smarties & dum-dums
A little tentative in the bouncy castle until Dad stepped in to help
Amy giving Ellysia some cookies
The dads & kids took off to find some slides while the moms went to do a cake walk. (Hello, two of us are preggo and needed some sweeets! Amy actually ended up winning some brownies.) But wow, did Nate have fun on these inflatables. Greg said he went up/down all of them by himself! (Well, with minimal help from Josh & Mallory.) What a big boy!
Another great family day. Did I mention I love the Fall!?
My handsome little man
And then we capped off the night with a yummy Mexican dinner at Camino Real. Nate & Ellysia stuffed their faces with rice (literally), while Mallory entertained them both. It was great! And oh does our boy love his chips & salsa...just like his Dad! We had a good ole time and are grateful to have such wonderful neighbors!


4 comments:
The hoedown was lots of fun! We should think about renting one of those bouncy things with a slide for future birthday parties.
Looks like lots of fun.It's great to share fun times with your friends.
What a cool event for the community...and especially neat that is was free!!
Missed you guys at Dis.Center today..Cary was there and I wanted to introduce him to you and nate.
Next time!!:)
I love smarties too! Tell Nate I'll save some for him - I bought them for our trick-or-treaters :)
Post a Comment