Monday, October 5, 2009

Purple Princess

(Please note: this is the one & only time I will refer to our little Abby as a "princess." That word just gives me the creeps for some reason. And it implies a "girly girl" - which you all know I am not & would have no clue how to raise one!! :)

So Joyce (aka Mum Mum) was visiting this weekend and painted Miss Abby's room!! It is lots of purple, so I hope Abby likes purple! (Lord knows Nate sure does....I think he walks in there 10x/day now and just keeps repeating "purple purple purple...")

It looks great and I am excited for the final touch - our trusty Handyman Bob installing a chair rail (hopefully sometime next week). The color scheme is as follows:

PURPLING DAWN on top
WHITE chair rail
COOL VIOLET on the bottom

Both are really light purples and then the bedding is lavendar, apple green, and a little bit of pink. Can't wait to see it all come together these next few weeks!! (I promise to post pics when that happens.)

For now, just let me say a big THANK YOU to Joyce for a job well done!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I want to call her a princess especially if she is dramatic like Greg :)

beth gibbs said...

I can't wait to see the little princess. i don't have a problem refering to her this way because she will be my princess. Abbey, Abbey! Can't wait!!