Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Love Fall!!

There are soooooo many things I love about Fall. To be honest, most of them involve food: pumpkin muffins, candy corn, hot chocolate, chili & cornbread, Greg's homemade nuts & bolts, and hot apple cider to name a few. But then there's the weather....I love breaking out the jeans & sweatshirts, and waking up to crisp Fall mornings. I love our little family's tradition of pumpkin carving, and how "into it" Greg gets. (It kills me to admit it, but he has won the carving contest 10 years straight now.) But the #1 thing I love about the Fall is....the pumpkin patch!!!!!

We took Nate last year for the first time, and decided to keep the tradition alive this year. There is a place called Walden Farm about 25 minutes from here, in Smyrna. There is so much to do, for kids of all ages, and Nate had even more fun this year than last. (Maybe that's b/c he could actually walk this year!) There is a corn maze, petting zoo, activity/play area for little kids, hay rides, homemade goodies, and of course, a pumpkin patch!

This year, Nate was into all things "corn." (Weird, I know.) We had to pull him away from the "Corn Crib" and he was running like a wild man thru the Corn Maze. He enjoyed looking at the animals more than petting/feeding them, but he did a little bit of everything. And of course, we picked out 4 pumpkins from the pumpkin patch - yes, even little Abby got a mini-pumpkin. To top off our afternoon, we got 3 cookies - one for each of us. Both the boys had chocolate chip and I had pumpkin walnut with white chocolate chips. Best cookies ever!! It was the perfect ending to a perfect family day.

5 comments:

The Overstreets said...

"Farmer Nate" - He is SO cute in that outfit!!!

Ashley said...

Glad you all had some fun family time!
I agree the fall is the best!!

beth gibbs said...

Nate looks like a "rugged" little man in his flannel and jeans. What a great family outin. i hope you have many more wonderful days together. What great memories!

Diane said...

Looks like fun! Seeing all your great pics makes me miss Walden Farm. :(

Lora said...

Corn obsession random! And I love that he was throwing the pumpkins :)