Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2 Weeks Already

I am going to sound like a broken record....but goodness, I can't believe Abby is 2 weeks old already!! She's had an exciting week and has changed so much already.

She is trying to find her fingers and has sucked her thumb a few times. (Yes, this is exciting..after all the pacifier wars with Nate...a thumb-sucker is welcomed!)

She is getting into a great 3 hr routine during the day: eat for 30 min, alert/playtime for 1 hr, sleep for 1.5 hrs. Then do it all over again. And again. And again.

She has tried out the playmat, bouncy seat, and swing. She loves to be unswaddled and get to kick her legs and arms and roll around. But man, once we swaddle her and put that hat back on, she is warm & ready to snooze!

She's getting back up to her birth weight - was 5 lbs 7 oz last Wednesday. We go for her 2 wk check-up on Nov 30th and I am excited to see if she's hit the 6 lb mark yet. Did I mention she's an eater!??!? Taking 2+ oz at each feeding. I couldn't be more proud of our little piglet!

Nate loves to play with/entertain his little sister, on the playmat especially. It is my favorite time of day, watching the two of them. He is sooo gentle with her, and she just stares at him like he's a rock star. I love it!

On Friday, Nana left in the AM and Mum Mum came in the PM. So we are still getting plenty of help and appreciating every minute! Tonight, the rest of the Givens (Gena, Kevin, and Stan) are coming into town for a few days....to see Abby and to celebrate Thanksgiving!

Abby had her first mani (I filed her nails) and foot massage (by Mum Mum). Her eyes rolled back in her head like she was in heaven. I think this girl is going to love the spa! :)

Everytime Abby makes noises, we ask Nate what she's saying, and he replied "Gobble Gobble!" It is hilarious! I think he is ready for turkey day...

Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Christmas can't get here soon enough! I can't wait to hold her :) She looks SO tiny especially next to Nate. He is such a sweet big brother!

Hallie Madewell said...

I love all of the pics of her awake... she's changing so much! Nate is the best big brother!!!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! Hope you have a very special day!
Abby is such a doll baby!:)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!