We've had a busy few days....
Nana & Pops arrived early Thursday morning to spend the weekend with their favorite grandson! Christmas came early for our little one....Nana had a bag of toys for both Nate & Abby. Some of the "Nate bag" highlights: a Thomas the Train laptop, oversized Spiderman bouncy ball, Cookie Monster building set, bus treasure box, and lots of Clifford books. Oh and did I mention that Nate now has a doll?? Yes, Nana thought he should start "practicing" for Abby. Let's just say he did not take to "Dolly" very fast...threw her on the floor a few times, would force the passy in her mouth, or handed her off to Nana to rock and feed. Awesome.
Nate enjoyed the next few days and his constant playmates...going to Chicfila, Discovery Center, the pumpkin patch, having "Nate night" at Aharts (while Greg & I got a "date night!"), and lots of playing outside. He was having so much fun that everytime we'd put him down for a nap or at bedtime, he kept opening his door and sitting by the gate...he just wanted to hear what was going on downstairs without him. Yes, he loves his Nana & Pops. (Funny thing - he started calling them Nanny & Poppy a lot this weekend. Those might be their new names...stay tuned.)
Cute story: one night, Nana told Nate she'd see him in the morning, and they'd play with all his new toys. Well, he woke up early that next morning - 6:30 am - and asked if it was morning? I said no and to go back to bed. At 7:15, he was standing at his gate/doorway again, saw Nana, and said "MORNING!!" Like, ok Nana, I'm ready to play now :)
Saturday was a day 'o fun as well...carving pumpkins, a chili cook-off with neighbors (his gf Mallory), and of course, TRICK-OR-TREATING!! We convinced him to wear his warmer (and cuter) of his two costumes. So, he was our little frogger!! He loved all the chocolate, riding around in the wagon with Pops & Dad, and dancing to our neighbor Larry's 6 ft skeleton/pirate. We let him stay up late to come down from the sugar high, and he was going strong till 9 pm.
Nana & I got in some quality shopping time for the kids (!!) and I enjoyed visiting with both my parents. They are always such a big help when they come, and Lord knows I needed the break this time! Nate was sad to see them leave this morning. But we will be seeing them soon enough....as soon as little Miss Abby decides to make an appearance. Until then though, enjoy the pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
can i just say i love the fact your abby belly is hanging out of your tank top now! :o)
I love the picture of Nate carving the pumpkin!!! Those sweet little hands in the air!!!
Nate and Grant look adorable both in their green costumes!
Glad you had fun with your parents!!
I am tired just reading about all the activities :) I hope Nate napped well at MDO today! Nate, Grant and Mallory are adorable in their costumes. Can't wait to visit once Abby arrives :)
Nate and Grant are so stinkin cute in their costumes!!!! Looks like Nate had a great extended Halloween.
What did you and Greg do for date night?
Post a Comment