Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Abby's Room

Erin V, this post is for you!! I know you've been patiently waiting for these pics...hope they don't disappoint!

So I had quite the time picking out colors & bedding for Abby's room once we found out we were having a GIRL. I knew for sure I didnt want a ton of pink....for those that know me well, I am just NOT a pink person. Well instead, I went with purple, and had pink & green (accents). I got out of painting b/c I was preggo - yet again - and Joyce/Mum-Mum graciously volunteered to paint the room. (She did Nate's too!) We went with a lavendar on top, a white chair rail, and then a super light lavendar on the bottom. It was a lot of purple at first, but now I love it. And another thing that I love about her room is all the mementos from my nursery when I was a baby! A big thank you to my mom for keeping all this stuff and being so sentimental like I am! Hopefully one day Abby will want some of the things from her nursery for her little girl....oh gosh that makes me tear up....ok, here are a few pics:

Full view of walls & super stuffed bookshelf, already. Lots of presents from friends & relatives.

These shadow boxes contain objects with special meaning....a music box (Peter Cottontail) from my nursery, Dad's first pair of shoes - bronzed, and some silver cups from my grandmother

This hangs over the changing table; a friend from my book club made it for me. And big shocker - I actually picked out the PINK fabric!

Love this sign & piggy bank!

One of Greg's colleagues got this little piggy bank engraved with Abby's info. So sweet!

More stuff from my nursery as a little girl - ballerina music box & china plate

The bedding I finally decided on, from Target. In my opinion, it's not TOO girly, but there is a little pink after all. I surprised myself! And, I love polka dots!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Her room looks great! I LOVE how you incorporated family heirlooms. I have my nursery stuff in a box because I'm too scared to put it out, but you may have inspired me!

Leah said...

I love purple girl nurseries. It is the way to go. I am with you on the pink. A little is cute but I hate pink overload. Love Abby's room!

Erin said...

yay thanks for posting pics! love it all :)! so cute to have your old stuff in there, and the purple looks great!

Hallie Madewell said...

Such a sweet little room! Nice and peaceful!