Friday, June 10, 2011

19 Months!

Yet again, we’ve had an exciting month with Abby Reece. Greg & I say daily how much we love her personality (yes, even when she’s being a “handful”)!

I forgot to post pics of when Nanny & Poppy were here last weekend, watching the kids. They had a great time....at the Discovery Center, the Dollar Store, McDonald's, and just playing in general. We love N&P!






Abby has such a unique relationship with Greg and I love watching the two of them interact. Whether it’s horseplaying – playing the balance game, divebombing, or jumping – or she’s holding his two cheeks and giving him a big smooch on the lips. They have such a special bond and I know this will only continue & get stronger as she gets older.

She has a few new “tricks” that are hilarious. In no particular order:

1. She can bark like a dog

2. When I tell her to be quiet b/c N is napping, she says “Shh” and sticks her finger up her nose

3. When I ask “Who wants breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner?” she is the first to raise her hand and scream “ME!”


These days, two things drive Abby crazy…1) getting her diaper changed and 2) getting dried off after bathtime. I’m not sure if it’s because she has to be laying down for these two activities or what….I guess she just wants to be on the go-go-go!

Abby’s obsession this past month has been her doll stroller (thanks H)! Whether we’re outside or inside, she wants to be playing with it. She loves to push Nate, be pushed by Nate, or push around her Dolly or Piggy. She is already such a little Mommy and I love it!
Abby is definitely the animal lover in the family. (No, we are getting a dog so don’t ask, Nanny!!) She is just drawn to them, especially dogs, and wants to pet them, talk to them, bark like them, read books about them, watch them on tv, etc. I think I see a doggie birthday party in her near future!


As usual, I got a few pics of Abby with her hero, Nate. I love watching the two of them together, now that they are actually PLAYING TOGETHER! Praise the Lord!!




Abby Reece, hard to believe you are 19 months already….there is never a dull moment when you are around and we love you for that!

**To all my faithful “Friday Funny” readers, I will be posting this week’s edition tomorrow, a day late. Forgive me! :)

3 comments:

KelseyMoore said...

wow! 19 months! she seems like she is a riot and i love reading about them and their different personalities! I love love love how they are buds, it is so sweet.

p.s. don't get a freakin' dog. seriously. good choice.

Bawa Bears said...

she looks older this month! i think it's the hair. how cute.

kelsey's comment made me laugh, but if you get a hux, he's easy as pie. i think because he's a grumpface and just lies around. we love him though!

fun that the kids are starting to play. and that greg and abby are in love. at this point, addison gets much more excited by sameer than by me, but he does act ridiculous for her :).

beth gibbs said...

What a fashion show! The expressions and poses are equally entertaining. Can't wait to have fun with Abby on the swing, hammock, beach, pool and ocean. The memories we'll make!