We were eating ice cream outside at the Avenue, and the kids were running up & down the sidewalks, looking in the windows of stores. Nate approached a Hallmark store.
N: No toys in here, just junky stuff.
Me: Well, it’s mainly a card store.
N: Yep…none stuff for boys! Just junk!
It was dinnertime & Abby had disappeared. Usually, this is no case for alarm b/c she wanders upstairs, sits in her “chair,” and reads books. We sent Nate to find her and hear this:
N: Uh oh. Daddy come see Abby!
Greg: What’s wrong?
N: She’s not in danger.
(Turns out she had pulled out her sock drawer and had taken every single pair of socks apart. It was a mess, but at least it wasn’t messy!!)
In the bathtub, Nate is very particular about the water temperature. Go figure. He got in the tub the other night and exclaimed, "Oh, hot! Way too hot!!!" (Can you say d.r.a.m.a.t.i.c?!)
I was picking up my dry cleaning, with the kids in tow of course…
N: What is that Mommy?
Me: Some dresses I got cleaned.
N: Oh, how lovely!
At dinner the other night…
N: Why are there spiders on here? (pointing to his zucchini & squash)
Me: They’re not spiders, they’re spices. They make it taste good.
N: Well they look like bugs.


4 comments:
I see the shirt that Nate now has 2 of. Glad he likes it.
Can't wait to actually HEAR the Friday funnies. I'll have to write them down on the way to the beach.
that kid is a mess! too much.
Wow! Look at those pecs. All those exercises are finally paying off.
I love Greg's comment...I was thinking the same thing about the nightly exercises. I love his new hair style. BEACH TOMORROW!!!
Post a Comment