Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Wiggles LIVE!

We took Nate to a Wiggles concert last night, as his belated birthday present from us. It was at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium, and we had a great family night out celebrating our little man!!

First up was the concert. We weren't sure how Nate would react....would he be excited, overwhelmed, scared, or bored? Well, he was a little of everything!! Here he is, ready for the concert to begin & jammin' to the background music with Dad:

The show has started! Getting into the clapping mood...

Lemonade break. Gotta stay hydrated...

The Wiggles stage!! I was a little disappointed there wasn't a jumbotron or something, but I guess the auditorium wasn't big enough to warrant one (or at least that was Greg's explanation):

He is MESMORIZED!! (And yes, he looks comatose. This is what he looks like when he watches them - or anyone else - on DVD):

Still mesmorized, though Mom is trying to get some movement out of him:

The Wiggles & Friends (Dorothy the Green Dinosaur is his favorite):

Screaming "YAAAAY!" at the end of his favorite song, Hot Potato:

Waving bye-bye to the Wiggles. What a great concert!


It was quite a show, and though our little man didn't get up and shake his bon-bon like most of the other kids there, we know he had a good time. So, it was off to McDonald's for dinner! (Like I said, it was Nate's night...) He scarfed his nuggets, apples, and fries, and then headed to the indoor playground. He was lucky enough to be the only kid in there, and had a BALL! He surprised Greg & I both by climbing up really high in these connecting tunnels & slides, like 10+ ft up! And he loved waving to us in all the peek-a-boo windows. (I should have gotten a picture; it was too cute.) Greg thought he was going to have to crawl in to retrieve him, but instead, we bribed him with a hot fudge sundae :) We ate ice cream and sang Wiggles songs on the way home. It was past his bedtime, and he crashed when we got there. What a great night!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

too cute!!! You should get an award for sitting through the Wiggles. Are the Wiggles better than Barney?
Can't wait to see the little man on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole said...

who are the Wiggles? :) Glad Nate had fun. Cole wishes he could have gone with you, maybe Nate can teach him some of the songs this weekend!

beth gibbs said...

WHAT FUN! I ACTUALLY LIKE THE THE WIGGLES.
THEY ARE EASY TO SING TO( RESON KIDS LIKE THEM TOO, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?)
GLAD EVERYONE HAD FUN.

Hallie Madewell said...

HOW FUN!!!
Im so glad he liked it!
Great Pictures too!

Proud Parents said...

I have no idea who the wiggles are...but it looks like I better learn fast!