Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Early Mother's Day Present


Nate's MDO hosted a "Mother's Day Brunch" this morning! Greg was sweet enough to stay home with Abby so I could have some quality alone time with Nate. He was so happy to see me, and showed off lots of different areas & "projects" in his classroom, as well as pointing out his girlfriend/partner in crime, Bailee. Then we moved to the auditorium for a pancake breakfast! Nate made me a card with a poem, picture, and handprint, as well as "heart/hug necklace." Of course, he didn't let me wear the necklace - he wanted to!

I love my sweet boy!! I hardly ever get to spend any alone time with him anymore, so when we do, it's that much more precious to me!

6 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

MELT ME!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for moments like this!!!!!! He is so stinkin sweet!

Proud Parents said...

That is such a sweet treat from your baby boy! What a wonderful celebration. You deserve it!!!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

So sweet - I bet he loved having his Mama to himself! That is such a Gibbs smile in that picture!

The Overstreets said...

What a great idea! I have to say I am laughing though that you have already posted about it - how do you stay so organized with two kids?!

I can't wait to see Nate Friday, he looks 10 years older than the last time I saw him!!!!

Ashley said...

I amen Casey, how in the world did you already blog about this??!! Teach me your ways,oh orangized one!!:)
Looks like you headed home with a loot!:)

Lora said...

And the homemade gifts begin :) How neat that MDO set up the brunch and allowed you and Nate to have that quality time together!