Attempt #1: Saturday @ 4 pm.
When I walked into Portrait Innovations and saw that it was a ZOO, I should have turned around and gone right back home. But no, I proceeded to stay there - like an idiot - and wait for close to an hour. Yes, I had an appt. But no, it didn't seem to matter. Everyone and their sister and cousin and 2nd cousin were in there getting Mother's Day photos taken at the last minute. Don't people know how to plan ahead!? So, after almost an hour of holding Abby straight out in front of me (as not to get her dress wrinkled), I decided to reschedule.
Attempt #2: Wednesday @ 12.
This time I was smart and didn't put Abby in her dress until the last minute, so as not to worry about wrinkles or spit-up. Nonetheless, we still had to wait 45 min. This time, it was b/c they were understaffed. Awesome. So, instead of starting our appt at 12 when Abby is happiest (b/c she has a full belly and a good nap under her belt), we started at 12:45 which is right before her nap at 1. Read: grumpy! Homegirl hardly smiled at all. And ya'll know from the 1000+ pics I take everyday that this girl is a smiler!!! And to boot, after 3 poses, she decided to barf sweet potatoes all over her dress. Nice. So we switched into outfit #2, some cute monogrammed bloomers that I have been dying for her to fit into (thanks H)! Again, hardly any smiling. And b/c she was on her tummy, at one point she just laid her head down and tried to take a nap. Again, awesome. I said let's call it a day and try to look at the pics you got real quick before meltdown time. I picked out 2 poses that are decent, but seriously, I think I have taken better pictures myself at home! Majorly disappointed. (And sorry ML, the bow did not make the cut this time. It kept falling out of her mohawk.)
I will post the 2 pics once I get them back. B/c, oh yes, the printer was down...



4 comments:
What an ordeal. That place gives me a headache!
Regardless of a big smile or not, I am sure they turned out good!
Not sure if you're interested, but if you ever come to town to visit, I'd love to take pictures of your two! Photography is a hobby of mine... nothing serious, but it's fun. I've taken lots of pics of my kids and I took pics of the neighbors' kids for dance recital costumes. At least it's cheaper that way and you could schedule it at your convenience.
I can just see her putting her head down to go to sleep. She is so sweet. what happened to just crying and making her disgust known? I guess you lucked out on having another SWEETHEART!
I love the pictures and the story to get them makes them even better :)
Post a Comment